I'm Hooked!!!

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
I'm am lovin my tanks. I also have my kids and boyfriend hooked. My boyfriend brought home a 10 gal to add to my collection. So now I have 4 tanks up and running. If anyone has ideas on how to better arrange my fish and/or Ideas for new ones am open to all things. To let you all kmow my 55 is now on a stand to better hold the weight. Here are some pics of what I have. Am including my babies too.

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
angels are in my 55 gal. I had just got 4 new ones that all appeared healthy, but alas they all died within 2 days. (walmart).. not doing that again. so now am back to my 2 original marble angels. can't wait to get some extra money so I can try and get some off of aqua bid or someplace where I know they are going to have no diseases.

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry your new babies died! 

I was looking at your tanks, and wanted to suggest to you to look around and find a decent fish store that has clean tanks, healthy fish, and decent supplies.  You might be able to work out a deal to get credit for your babies in your 10 gal. tank when they get big enough.  This would help pay a little bit for your hobby, and it would also free up your 10 gallon to be used for a hospital/quarantine tank instead of the smaller tank you are using.  Plus if you found a good fish store, they'd most probably have much more interesting fish to put in that empty 20 gallon I see you have empty (hint hint).   

P.S. You might want to think about putting the cory cats in that 20 gallon also, and go to www.loaches.com when you have some drool time. Yo yo loaches come to mind for your 55 gal. tank and your snail problem. That is assuming your snails are the pest variety and not the apple/mystery snail variety. ;D

skippi

Valued Member
Reaction score
I live in the Baraboo area in wisconsin, All I have here is walmart, and 2 local stores here in town. The locals are cleans tanks but never can find any fish in there most of the tanks are empty all the time. Does anyone have any suggestions?? Thanks Heidi

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
If their tanks are empty, they might be more than happy to take your babies off your hands! That saves them a ton on shipping. If you found someone you can do business with, you could possibly trade in your babies for credit, and have this store add fish you want to their next order. It wouldn't cost them any more money this way.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom