I’m heartbroken

Valentina544

I posted a couple of weeks ago regarding this young male betta.

symptoms started off as extremely swollen belly (not dropsy) and discoloration around face and head.

progressed to him being on the substrate and only coming up for air. Bigger discoloration in head and face and then line coming scales.

I moved his to a hospital tank about 5 days ago and was treating with aquarium salt And fasting. I started fungus cure 2 days ago. This guy has already been through a whole round of amoxicillin and metronidazole and nothing changed.

Now yesterday I went to move him to a larger hospital tank and and he bumped his eye on maybe the heater? (There’s nothing else in the hospital tank other than a heater and air stone) While I was trying to net him. His eye was bleeding for a little and then it seemed to have clotted. I left him in a petco cup inside the larger hospital tank overnight and this morning I went to transfer him to the tank again and his wound re-opened. So I put him back in the cup. I’m so sad for him and my heart breaks. Please if you have suggestions I’m open to anything. P.s. I also noted, while he was in the cup,that the discoloration is actually a large pit on his head

Pwilly07

I wish I had some idea on how to save your betta, but to me he is suffering. I would buy some clove oil to put him to sleep like 5-6 drops per gallon pre-mixed in water. I would then add more drops like 20 per gallon pre-mixed in water once asleep to then stop his breathing altogether. It is the best and most humane way of doing it. I am so sorry!

Upvote 0

AvalancheDave

Look for a fish vet.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Pwilly07
  • Question
Replies
Views
julifhy