I'm going to be getting a 100 gallon tanks soon, I have some ideas… approve?

Status
Not open for further replies.

wolfpack2293

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
If i get this tank, I for sure am getting a black ghost knife. What is compatible with these kind? Maybe a dinosaur bichir? I don't know any info about the tank yet, other than its a 100 gallon with a stand, i don't know what kind of filter or anything. Also, I'm pretty new to the aquarium experience, my only being a 5 gallon with a few guppies in it. I'm willing to take any advice. I'll be going to college in the fall, although it's not too far from home so I could come home on the weekends to clean and change the water and such, but my father loves fish too so he would help.

catsma_97504

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Welcome to Fishlore.

To help get more response to your questions, I have moved your thread to the Aquarium Stocking Questions forum.

Good luck with your new tank and school.

luke355027355027

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Hmm black ghost knive. Knife fish generally like to be on their own. If you could find some larger bala sharks they would do well.

1. A jack dempsey and a BGK
2.BGK and maybe 4 bala sharks.
3.BGK and some type of larger catfish.

BGK aren't really aggressive. My knife has never attacked a single fish but if there are smaller feeder fish they will readily eat them.

Also on a side note do not get an oscar with a knife fish. I keep them but if I didn't hand feed mine he would never eat because the oscars eats all of my knifes food.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Advertisement

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 8 27.6%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 21 72.4%

Top Bottom