Im getting fish tank disease!!!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deesk06, Jul 22, 2015.

1. D

Deesk06 Valued Member Member

I am getting fish tank disease!! I keep wanting to buy MORE AND MORE and BIGGER and BIGGER fish tanks...idk what to do its so hard to control it!

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. P

Paul1976 New Member Member

Lol! Me too!! :D Got a feeling there's gonna be moths flying out of my wallet soon! :)

3. aliray

aliray Fishlore VIP Member

Welcome to the forum. Alison

To both of you there is no cure for MTS except you run out of room or money or both. There are a lot of people here to help and encourage you to get more tanks. Hope this helps.:;laughing....Alison

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2015
  4. PuffPuff

PuffPuff Well Known Member Member

more tanks syndrome
    , welcome to the club
    :;bananarow:;bananarow:;bananarow:;bananarow:;bananarow:;bananarow:;bananarow

5. C

CodeSensei New Member Member

LOL....know how you feel. I go to Petsmart and Petco at least once a week.

I wanted to buy a bigger tank 2 weeks after I bought my 55 tank.

Instead of watching tv, I now stare at the tank.

6. Theman1

Theman1 Valued Member Member

It only gets worse. I literally have no more room in my house haha. I have a 90 and a 40 gallon in my bedroom that my wife is not happy about haha. You know its bad when you have enough empty tanks laying around to start a fish store.

7. chrt396

chrt396 Well Known Member Member

I log all my receipts into a program on my computer....and can categorize them based on what they are. I have a category called Pet Store. The list of receipts is so long that it is scary. I don't dare look at the total. Amazon loves me. I get Christmas gifts almost twice a week from the UPS driver. I make excuses to drive 1 hour away to a Marine store that carries VERY nice fish. They have survived it all since the 70;s.

8. Dom90

Dom90 Fishlore VIP Member

Hahaha in the last month and a half I'd bet I have spent more than $2000 on fish stuff alone :/

9. Merri68

Merri68 Valued Member Member

Wow, I can relate, bigtime. I live in a hundred year old house that creaks and groans like a human centarian. I had floor supports put in, in the basement under my 55 gallon, lest my fish end up as downstairs neighbors.

I never thought I would become attached to non-airbreathing critters... but I am rapidly becoming fiercely devoted my finkids. Today I came close to losing 2 of the little guys and my heart almost stopped when I realized they were in trouble.

I recently started a barb tank and I can't stop admiring their flashy little bodies. I have a chronic condition that causes a lot of pain but watching my tanks actually works to help me forget my owies for a while! And having a host of hopeful little faces nosing the glass, (Feed us, mom!) gives me a sense of purpose, however small. What a great hobby!

10. chrt396

chrt396 Well Known Member Member

I agree wholeheartedly. When I started..not all that long ago..I had previous experience..but it was back in the late 70's..early 80's. I started back up just a few months ago. I looked at a fish...as a fish!

THEN..I bought a Betta. I never realized how attached I could get to a "Fish". Then I bought a 2nd Betta...same thing. I observe their tanks more than any of the other 8 community tanks that I have. I want them "Happy"! The cable guy came out to put a new modem on my system...and he overheard me talking to one of the Bettas. He said..."You talk to your fish?" I wasn't sure if I was feeling embarrassed or proud..but I responded with a "Yep!" I described the reaction that I got from getting close to the tank and talking to them..and he looked at me like I was off my rocker.

You mentioned a Barb tank. I have a small 29 gallon tank set up in my new office/fish room, that houses Cherry Barbs, Gold Barbs and Dennison Barbs. Beautiful tank.

11. KarenLM

KarenLM Well Known Member Member

I can sit and watch my fish for hours. I just wish I could keep the lights on longer than the 8 hours a day that is best for the tank!

I still have only one tank - the other two are packed away. I started with a 3gal, then a few days later moved up to the 20gal and a week later had everything moved to the current 55gal. I resisted the urge to keep them all filled.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice