I'm getting a new baby! Tips?

Discussion in 'Reptiles' started by fallonrhea, Jul 10, 2015.

1. f

fallonrhea Valued Member Member

If you can't tell, he is a crested gecko. I need some tips on how to care for him properly. He is coming to me with a 10 gallon tank. I have a 5.5 gallon and I was thinking of getting a hamster tube or something so he has two different tanks to play in and can get back and forth on his own. Has anyone tried that? How'd it work for you? Also I have read so many different thing about them, I just need a plain and simple care sheet.

Attached Files:

2. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Bump!

Thanks!

Ken

3. aliray

aliray Fishlore VIP Member

I have never kept them but he is awful cute. Congrats on your new baby. Alison

4. OP
    OP
    f

Thank you! He belonged to my boss. She was very good with him. He will jump from one hand to the other when he is feeling lively. He is awesome!

Sent from my SM-G900T using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

5. aliray

aliray Fishlore VIP Member

Sounds like a really fun pet. I didn't know they got that tame, that's great. Alison

6. OP
    OP
    f

Oh yeah. I've read that they're easier then leos. I had a Leo and he bit me all of the time. But I was also like 11 when I had him so I probably deserved it. Haha.

7. Ted B

Ted B Valued Member Member

I had a girlfriend who had one, so this is coming secondhand (so take from it what you will), But she told me that they need a kind of tall set up because of them being climbers. I think hers was in a 29 or something.

8. OP
    OP
    f

Oh yeah I read about that somewhere. I have a 10 gallon tank set up on its side so it's extra tall. He loves it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice