Im Excited!!! My new tank **** 50 Gallon Tank 

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Looks great WhiskeyWoman

I like the way it appears to be dividing the rooms too.

Ken

whiskey woman

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
new tank

aquarist48 said:
Looks great WhiskeyWoman

I like the way it appears to be dividing the rooms too.

Ken
Yeh thanks Ken, its actually outside !!! its under full shelter and i just have to see how it goes, it is winter here at the mo, so i gotta get a new heater for it anyway i figure its just like a spa they stay warm in winter when heated..im pleased, it look great expecially at night time cause we outdoors all the time too...

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello,

I think it would be really neat to have a tank outside. I would never have guessed it was outside by the photos. Very nice looking space!

Ken

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
That is a very cool tank! I don't think I've ever seen one so long and narrow..... or maybe that's an optical illusion.

whiskey woman

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
my new tank

LyndaB said:
That is a very cool tank! I don't think I've ever seen one so long and narrow..... or maybe that's an optical illusion.
Gday Lynda, no your right, it is narrow. Its 1200mm long by 460 high by 360 wide...now to choose what to put in it! ****

whiskey woman

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
new tank

aquarist48 said:
Hello,

I think it would be really neat to have a tank outside. I would never have guessed it was outside by the photos. Very nice looking space!

Ken
Thanks Ken, yeh check it out night time shot.. 23052010171.jpg

whiskey woman

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
newtank

bolivianbaby said:
That's awesome! Congratulations!

I LOVE the aquascaping!

Hmmm, in regards to stocking it, what are you looking for? Do you have any ideas yet?
Thanks bolivianbaby, yeh i know i was thinking of nice big blue acaras, but i have to move Krusty (clown loach), and Monty 4-5 inch bristle nose into it, from my 30 g tank cause theyre gunna get way to big...so anything large and lovely that will go with those two guys, oh and when i put Krusty in there i will add some more loach friends for him....what do ya rekon?

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Krusty would love more friends for sure! Since clown loaches get so big, I'm not sure what to advise with them. Hopefully, Butterfly with see this thread. She's great with clown loaches and compatible tankmates.

whiskey woman

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
new tank

lorabell said:
Very nice!!!! Got to be great to sit outside and watch it
Thanks lorabell, yeh mate us aussie always out the back having a beer and a bbq, so to sit and watch will be awsome...****

MikeNTX

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
OUTSTANDING! I would love to have a tank outside! Dont think I could get away with it in Texas though. Summers get too hot and as surprising as it may sound, the winters see times in the teens.

Blue acaras are awesome looking fish. Best of luck.

whiskey woman

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
new tank

MikeNTX said:
OUTSTANDING! I would love to have a tank outside! Dont think I could get away with it in Texas though. Summers get too hot and as surprising as it may sound, the winters see times in the teens.

Blue acaras are awesome looking fish. Best of luck.
Gday Mike, thanks for that. My only fear is the weather with tank outside...Monitoring the heater is going to be a challenge as it gets to min 2 degrees winter and 45 degrees summer. I figure you would turn off heater through a hot period and turn it up through the cold days/nights...let me know if this is a crazy idea...:;bananagirl

Chris123

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Looks Great whiskey woman!

Ive always thought it would be cool to have a tank outside

Chris

whiskey woman

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
new tank

Chris123 said:
Looks Great whiskey woman!

Ive always thought it would be cool to have a tank outside

Chris
Thanks again mate, you have some really good photos there man, hey that really huge fish in with the parrot fish is unbelieveable!!! very impressive...

MikeNTX

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I dont have any experience with keeping fish outside. Ive read on this site that severe swings in temps can stress out your fish. It sounds like it gets pretty cold and very hot out in your neck of the woods. That might limit what kind of fish could take the conditions??

Im still a super noob, but Im sure someone with actual hands on experience will chime in soon. Keep the thread updated with pics! I dig the setup

mosin360

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
An outside tank of that size... and I thought my idea of getting a desktop tank was pretty radical.

And that fish is huge and quite uh 'cute'....

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom