I'm Concerned About My Rummy Nose Tetras Behavior

FoulFishes
My new Rummy Nose Tetras do something that I find very strange...they will point their heads towards the substrate, and kinda float around, and their silver bodies will shine from the light. It almost looks like those half dead fish you see float around aimlessly in pet store tanks. then after a minute they'll go back to normal and swim off, kind of like loaches do when they "poop out." They've been doing this ever since I brought them home a week ago. I'm kinda starting to worry about this behavior so I figured it would be best to bring it up now...
Also, I am treating my tank for ICH right now. This is my first time ever dealing with ICH so I have no idea whether the ICH has anything to do with this situation, though, the Rummy Nose Tetras were doing this before I realized they got ICH.

junebug
What method did you end up using to treat for ICH? Rummynose are very sensitive fish and might not respond to some medications very well. They are also sensitive to water quality, so any ammonia or nitrite would be detrimental to their health.

FoulFishes
junebug said:
What method did you end up using to treat for ICH? Rummynose are very sensitive fish and might not respond to some medications very well. They are also sensitive to water quality, so any ammonia or nitrite would be detrimental to their health.
I am using Super ICH Cure by API.

The swimming problem seems to have worked itself out though, I never see them do this anymore!

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Top Bottom