I'm bored somebody help me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

navyscuba

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I'm bored to my head. I have a stand to build but can't go get the wood now. I have a turtle tank that needs a second coat of cement on the background and can't do it cuz my kids are going around like crazy and the wife didn't sleep good last night. I moved my 100 gal to the fish room on friday. Counted all the fish in that tank. Final count 69 fish and I put about 10 or 15 on my Breeding station. I moved fish around on the Tenecor to fill all spaces. Moved a female that is holding to a cubicle on her own. I feed the fish, turtles, rats. What to do?

LyndaB

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
If your wife's under the weather, get those kids out of the house!!!!! Pack up a lunch and their bikes/skateboards/board games/whatever and bring them to a park to goof around and get some good old-fashioned, low tech, air!!!

sirdarksol

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
First:
Give each of the kids a roll of duct tape, send them into the garage, and tell them that the last one not taped to the walls at least an inch off the ground gets ten dollars.
Second:
Get that second coat of cement on the turtle tank.

OP
navyscuba

navyscuba

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I wish I could run away right now. I have a ton of homework to do also and I can't do it while this kids are been butts. One is screaming cuz is sleepy but he won't go to sleep on his bed so he cried for 30 mins straight and had to take him out and let him run around again after he cried again like someone was chopping him for stew just because he wanted to be held.

I'll do water changes by dropper if I have to right now just to get out of here. I wish they could really tape themselves to something for real.

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Send the kids up here to GA, Riv!

We're doing "special projects" housecleaning today. I'm sure we can keep them busy.

Anyone sleepy can curl up with one of the dogs or the rabbit, the animals won't mind.

Then you can study and complete the projects you're wanting to work on.

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hello Navy,

My tanks are are clean and I won't make you work. It's :30 AM come on up. You'll have to find a sitter though as my house isn't child proof. I don't do finger prints very well

:shock:
Ken

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I wish I could run away right now. I have a ton of homework to do also and I can't do it while this kids are been butts. One is screaming cuz is sleepy but he won't go to sleep on his bed so he cried for 30 mins straight and had to take him out and let him run around again after he cried again like someone was chopping him for stew just because he wanted to be held.

I'll do water changes by dropper if I have to right now just to get out of here. I wish they could really tape themselves to something for real.
@ dropper...wow riv thats bad darlin!
heres a 12 er

OP
navyscuba

navyscuba

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have a few blue label alcoholic drinks on the garage and I'm thinking today is the day. I haven't drink a lot since my liver functions were elevated last summer since so many meds messed my liver and now I'm trying to stay away a bit but today is go time. Ken I can put the kids tight up to a tree in your yard.

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have a few blue label alcoholic drinks on the garage and I'm thinking today is the day. I haven't drink a lot since my liver functions were elevated last summer since so many meds messed my liver and now I'm trying to stay away a bit but today is go time. Ken I can put the kids tight up to a tree in your yard.
get their life jackets on and throw em in his tank! that will give you time to tip a few coldies

really big huggles your way...hope things settle down soon!

Aquarist

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Plenty of trees around here Navy!

I've trained my fish to go after little fingers if they get too close to the tank glass.

Ken

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
your having such a rough day Navy but the kids are having a rough day too. Even when Dads are a big part of their daily care when Moms under the weather they can feel the stress because dads stressed too.
Take them out some where you can sit in a chair and let them run wild and scream all they want to. Might I suggest water balloons? Always worked for mine, no way to get hurt and everybody(including Dad) will get wet, cool and refreshed besides working out some of that tension. And yes the balloons are supposed to be thrown at anything/anybody that moves. Have fun, hope mom(and you by extension) feels better soon.
We have lots of room inside and out wish you were closer so we could give you some rest.
carol

OP
navyscuba

navyscuba

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well the little one is out to sleep. As soon as Mom got up the little booger wanted to go to bed. Spoiled little booger. Grrrr. So went outside to get everything ready to work on the turtle tank and after I got done with the last coat of cement. I went to put the little I had left in the corner of my fence and I see 2 little faces and four eyes peaking out of the hole I was trying to cover better. Guess what I found. 3 kittens. Yes my Merlyn the Cat has been a naughty boy. He's an outside Cat unless we got bad weather or freezes when he comes in to stay with the dogs inside. He was left by someone on the street so we took him and he's always been outside on the yard never left the yard. So I guess there is a Taby Mommy somewhere. I got 2 Taby's and one full black. So there I went with my rubber boots to get the kittens over a 1000 spider webs and 200 wasps. Mom is giving them a bath cuz they lay down on the cat food we gave them. They are scared but not scratching or been bad to no one. Haha Mommy Cat is no where to be found. My Merlyn was keeping an eye on them. Good Daddy.

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
awwwwwwwwww so see a nice happy ending to your chaotic day!!!!!!! you saved some kitties!! LOL
how old do you think they are? can they be ok without mumma? god knows you all dont have much spare time to feed babies (although im sure you would!!) congrats merlyn!!!

OP
navyscuba

navyscuba

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Well they didn't even smelled the food so we think 4 weeks or so. So milk with some canned food on it to feed them.

Anyone want a Kitty? A few weeks from now.

Attachments

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

UV Sterilizers Worth It?

• Yes

Votes: 24 24.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 9.0%
  • IDK - never used one before

Votes: 67 67.0%