I'm back!

1. ShaynaB

ShaynaB Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Hi all,

So I've been pretty much absent on the forums for the last 6 months or so but I used to be on here a bunch. I got pretty sick and ended up having surgery over the summer but I'm feeling great now and back into my fish addiction! ;)

Unfortunately I had to give away most of my fish (Not my bettas though! I wouldn't let them have my boys!) because I couldn't keep up with the water changes and such even though my parents and brother stepped in a lot to help out. I just couldn't deal with the thought of me hurting my fish because I couldn't take care of them.

And then two of my betta boys died. My very first betta passed away a couple of months ago now. He lasted a long time though. Maybe 4 years or so. He had a good long life and he was very very old. Also, I had rescued a boy from a pet store that had thrown him in with some aggressive fish that nearly killed him and was working to regrow his nearly chewed off fins but they got infected after a while and he just didn't make it.

That said, I still have one spunky boy who has a 10 gallon all to himself and a 5 gallon that has one very lonely otto in it because I've had a hard time replacing my very first boy. it was his tank for 4 years... I think I might be ready to go get a spunky little girl for it though. :D Or maybe another boy... decisions decisions.

Anyways, I just wanted to say hi!

2. Aquarist

Aquarist Fishlore Legend Member

Ratings:
    +273
    Hello ShaynaB and Welcome back! Glad to hear you're feeling better!
    Ken

3. peacemaker92

peacemaker92 Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +13
    Welcome back to Fishlore, Shayna. So sorry for your losses. Hope you can find another cool boy soon. Glad you feel better now too. Good luck! :;hf

4. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Ratings:
    +1,365
    Hi Welcome back!

5. shellbell4ever

shellbell4ever Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +7
    Welcome Back :)

6. Beth1965

Beth1965 Well Known Member Member

Ratings:
    +6
    Good to see you back, you'll be back to your fishies in no time.
    :)

7. Tony G.

Tony G. Fishlore VIP Member

Ratings:
    +20
    Good to see you back! Also congrats on the recovery and sorry for your losses.