I'm back

WetRootsNH

Hey all,

Had a long hiatus. Got sick, moved, lost my favorite fish, and picked up a second job all at the same time. So I ended up ghosting the forums for a while.
I'm back now.
Considering a user name change as I no longer work the job in the same capacity that I took my original name from and I'd like something more... fishy?

kallililly1973

Welcome back! Maybe once you decide on what fish your going to keep will help you figure out a new handle ;)

WetRootsNH

Thank you.
I have to add as a side note that I had offered to sell Vish a special rare plant I have right before essentially disappearing. So in mind of making amends to that I would like to send (him?) One for free as soon as it warms up. As long as he still wants it.
My tank is currently settling back in as I recently tore it down and redirted it. So I'm waiting for it to balance before making the move to grab new fish. I still have my cardinal tetras, Otos, and SterbaI Cory's. But I will likely have to rehome them with the direction I want to go next.
I'm leaning towards a planted southeast asian hillstream inspired set up. Plants will be from all over but I'd like the fish to be specific to asia.
So far I'm thinking:
Rosy loaches
Danio choprea
Borneo suckers
Not sure about school sizes.
75g by the way.
Username wise, I'm was kind of thinking more specifically something about aquatic plants as that's where my specialty lies.

Edit: to be clear, I'm not shooting for a biotope. I understand that the hillstream biotope is largely lacking in plant life. I more just have an interest in the fish from that kind if habitat. I'm also interested in seeing the effects of high flow on certain species of plant. If the current goes high enough will I see die back or interesting morphology? So that's sort of the idea I'm going for.
Trying to balance:
Nano fish in large schools
High flow
High light planted

WetRootsNH

Changed username from ghostlybosun to WetRootsNH.
I think it works better.

coralbandit

Welcome back !

Suzanne2

Welcome back! I too have just been able to finally get back on here after being sick to quite a while. Been having fish talk withdrawal

WetRootsNH

Suzanne2 said:
Welcome back! I too have just been able to finally get back on here after being sick to quite a while. Been having fish talk withdrawal
Welcome back to you as well! Sorry that you were sick and happy to hear that you are feeling better.
Yeah, all of the things happening at once put me in a funk. I went to the aquatic experience in NJ this year and I think that kicked me back into high gear. Lots of really great exhibits there. I highly recommend going to anyone that can swing it.

coralbandit

WetRootsNH said:
I went to the aquatic experience in NJ this year and I think that kicked me back into high gear. Lots of really great exhibits there. I highly recommend going to anyone that can swing it.

A group of us met up at the Aquatic experience this year for the second time !
We will count you in on next year huh ??:)
That's cool you traveled all that way ..I thought I was ' the most out there '! ;)

david1978

Don't feel bad. I went antisocial for awhile too.

WetRootsNH

coralbandit said:
A group of us met up at the Aquatic experience this year for the second time !
We will count you in on next year huh ??:)
That's cool you traveled all that way ..I thought I was ' the most out there '! ;)
I guess I should have said something! I hope to go next year as well and will speak up if I do. It was a lot of fun. Met Rachel O'Leary and watched over the aqua girls booth while they did a presentation. Also met Dustin and gave him a bunch of Crinums and in return he sent me a huge package of plants. Looking to start a sort of business relationship with him. It's just hard with the low volume I can grow out of a 75g.
I don't know if my drive was too much longer than yours but I certainly had to go through more states than you! We have those itty bitty New England states.

WetRootsNH

david1978 said:
Don't feel bad. I went antisocial for awhile too.
I'm definitely an introvert with a slight lean towards even more introverted.
I guess that's why I have so few posts even though I have been a member for a while now.

Top Bottom