I'm back.

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Hi, I thought I'd just let you know that I'm back from my holiday. I went away on 5th August and came back today (12th August). We stayed in UK this year, we usualy go abroad to France or Spain or somewhere but this year we decided (well realy we didn't have much choice) to stay in UK. We would have gone abroad, except that my name was still on my mums passport and her passport expired this year so we had no passport. :-\ We'll probably stay in UK next year too as there is no point in me getting a childs passport for under 16 year olds for just a year (I'm 15 now).

The holiday was very fun, and we did a lot of things. We thought we were going to Dorset but we tured out to be staying right on the border between Dorset and Devon, so our cabin that we were staying in was in Devon, but the site swimming pool etc. was in Dorset. ??? It was all very confusing.

Yesterday, our last day there, we decided we'd go to the beach, but when we got there there was a digger or crane (or whaterver it was), blocking the path leading to the beach. Nobody was allowed to pass. The crane had apparently toppled from the top of a hill and fell on the path earlier that morning. I just hope the driver was OK. :'( The glass was all smashed and nothing worked on it. Most people who had the same idea as us and wanted to go to the beach stayed to watch other cranes, diggers and lorries, drive onto the beach to try and lower the fallen crane onto safer ground and put it upright. It was all very exciting, and it took the men approx. 4-5 hours to get the crane upright. It took a lot of skill and planning. At the end everyone clapped and cheered. ;D It had been a long day. . What an end to our holiday. It was on the news and everything.

All in all, it was a great holiday and I'd do it all again if I could.
I was glad to find all my fish healthy when I got home. My mums friend came over to look after them and did a great job.

Gwenz

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Glad to hear your back safe and sound (and your fish as well ). Sounds like it was a very exciting vacation.
Carol

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Sounds like you had a wonderful time and I am glad you are back to us safe and sound. I am also glad that the fish got through it all with no ill effects. I missed you and will be gllad to have you back.

Rose

Gwenz

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Thanks. I'm glad to be back too. I better get reading. I have a weeks worth of posts to read.

Gwenz

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Seems like your vacation was full of surprises and it was certainly very interesting. I am glad you had a great time, and of course good to see you back at Fish Lore Also, good to hear that your fishies are well

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom