I'm back!

1. andrearamirezo91 Well Known Member Member

Hi guys!!:;hi2 Its been a long time since the last time I posted here. Last time I did I was living in Venezuela and owned two beautiful betta fish. Sadly, I had to bring down my tanks but for a good reason. I have now moved to Weston, FL!

I've been here for a little over 4 months, and now that I am a little more settled in I think its time to get myself a new betta :D New links will be posted regarding that because I sure need some help choosing the perfect starter kit! I'm only 20 and just recently started working at a pet store (where obviously like most of us know, the majority of people don't know about appropriate betta care) so my budget is a bit limited.

Its good to be back and I can't wait to hear from you guys!! :)

Ohh, I have two beautiful cats now!! First one is Nala, my 7 month old Savannah girl and Agatha my 9 month old super sweet grey tabby.. I'll share some pics and you'll definitely be hearing more from them too!! :D

P.S: I see the page format has changed a little, I hope I posted the pics and everything well :;banaman:;banaman

Attached Files:

2. Dino Fishlore VIP Member

Welcome back, I can see the pictures just fine!

3. Wendy Lubianetsky Well Known Member Member

Wow those are beautiful cats, Welcome Back.

4. Dlondon95 Well Known Member Member

Welcome back!

5. bowcrazy Well Known Member Member

If you are starting all over with new tank and everything I would go as big as your budget will allow. Not only will the fish enjoy the larger home but you will enjoy the viewing more also. In my personal opinion the so called one gallon Betta tanks are a waste of money and harder to care for. I would personally go with a lest a 5 gallon if not a 10 gallon tank. Even if you only have one fish in it because it will give you more options when decorating and would allow you to expand into a live plant tank or house a few shrimp or Ottos along with the Betta. (depending on the Betta’s personality)

In my personal experiences people enjoy a larger tank more than the small ones because you have more options when it comes to decorating and they are a whole lot less troublesome to care for. Good luck in your new endeavor back into fish-keeping.

6. blu3dragon619 Member Member

welcome back =) we missed you

7. andrearamirezo91 Well Known Member Member

thank youu everybody :) I love finding nice people here!! Yess I´m definitely looking for the bigger tank I can get.. If not Im always looking to upgrade later on -.- I´ve been lookig like crazy for a good aquarium that's not so expensive.. I´ve seen a couple but I want to keep on looking.. any suggestions are more than welcome! :p

8. catsma_97504 Fishlore Legend Member

Hey, welcome back!! Wondered what happened and how things were going.

Have fun with your new job and setting up your new tank!

9. Cichlidnut Fishlore VIP Member

Have you checked craigslist? craigslist.org find your area and search for something like fish tank :)

10. frogbreeder Well Known Member Member

Welcome back Andrea. I was wondering where you've been. Love your cats. They are both gorgeous, but I especially like the Savannah. They are so exotic looking. Perhaps you'll be able to find ADFs for sale in Florida (I'm not sure which states have made them illegal, but I know some have). In addition to craigslist and kijiji, you might want to check out your local aquarium society to see if they are holding any auctions in the near future. In the past, I've bought plenty of really good aquarium equipment at such auctions. It might be worth looking into. Good luck finding an aquarium and a new betta. All the best. - frogbreeder

11. pirahnah3 Fishlore VIP Member

Welcome back to the forum! yes, mike has gone a bit nuts and spent way to many hours making this great forum for us.