I'm an angel guy...

JP

Valued Member
Reaction score
These are in my 125-gallon. There are a few others that are a bit camera shy. Seven altogether. Great fish.

14.jpg

15.jpg

16.jpg

17.jpg

And a not-so-good tank shot:

18.jpg

fishfanatic

Reaction score
Beautiful tank and fish.

Tumbleweed

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Really nice tank and fish. I really like my angle fish, and you have some really nice looking ones.

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
JP, your Angels and your tank look BEAUTIFUL! I love them all Great pictures too - very clear. I have angels myself - you can see their pictures in the Fish Lore Gallery By the way, I see your tank is nicely planted - I adore planted tanks. I am in the process of getting and setting up a 75 gallon planted tank myself, which is also where I am going to move my angels

JP

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thank you all. Gotta love live plants. The only fake one in that tank is the thing right in the middle. I found it and thought it would make a nice centerpiece. That blob of blue-ish dots you see on the right is the group of roughly 50 neons I have in there. A very common fish, but also a very attractive one. :)

JP

Valued Member
Reaction score
Here a couple more of the inhabitants:

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

clear.gif

Attachments

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Beautiful angels!! The pictures aren't bad either
Carol

Tumbleweed

Well Known Member
Reaction score
What are you using and how are you getting those nice shots?

JP

Valued Member
Reaction score
A Nikon Coolpix 4800. It has a great macro on it, hence some of the better closeups. Some of the pics above that are somewhat blurry have been cropped quite a bit. I need to invest in a better photo editing program. And the second dojo loach shot in my last post is a prime example of why you should always clean the tank glass before taking pictures. ;-)

Tumbleweed

Well Known Member
Reaction score
The main prpoblem that I am having is getting the fish to sit still long enough to snap the pics. :-\

JP

Valued Member
Reaction score
With angelfish it is a lot easier to get them to hold still. They aren't the most quick and active of fish. The first shot was taken with macro mode on with the lens pressed right up against the glass. Sometimes you get lucky.

Another example of so-so macro:

clear.gif

Tumbleweed

Well Known Member
Reaction score
yeah my angel fish do not move as mush as the others but the elephant nose and the dolphin fish won't stop moving and if they do they are hiding

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Is that a Moonlight Gourami? I love it

As for the camera ... I've got to get myself one of those that take nice close-up pictures. Would be great to have not only for taking the pictures of the fish, but for all other pictures as well. I've looked at some professional Cannon cameras that are supposed to be good (they cost a few thousand dollars). Anybody has any experience with them? For now, I've only a Sony digital camera ... and not that it's bad, but it doesn't take nice close-up photos.

JP

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Actually it's only a simple blue gourami.

The only other digital camera I have is an Olympus. They are nice, but I love my Nikon.

Tumbleweed

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Isabella said:
Is that a Moonlight Gourami? I love it

As for the camera ... I've got to get myself one of those that take nice close-up pictures. Would be great to have not only for taking the pictures of the fish, but for all other pictures as well. I've looked at some professional Cannon cameras that are supposed to be good (they cost a few thousand dollars). Anybody has any experience with them? For now, I've only a Sony digital camera ... and not that it's bad, but it doesn't take nice close-up photos.
I have some experience with the Cannon EOS 5D. It is a really nice camera, super fast, light and very easy to use.

LarryDavid

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Stunning looking tank JP
I Especially love your angel fish totally gorgeous!!

I want want want!!

JP

Valued Member
Reaction score
Thank you. :)

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom