Ignore someone ?

KribensisLover1

Someone making posts and trying to communicate isn't breaking the rules. What do you expect of the staff? Remove someone for trying to be friendly?

No disrespect, but that's a bit unrealistic.

You don't have to leave or stop helping people. You don't need to leave if you don't really want to. People do want you here. It's best for you to ignore someone and best for them for you to ignore them. People aren't going to agree on everything.

It's unfair to blame the staff and to call someone a symptom as if theyre a disease. I know ive been on the receiving end of some of your bad moods. This isn't so black and white. I know exactly who this thread is about and a lot of what's being said is totally uncalled for.

That person is bright, enthusiastic, smart, and has a whole lot of passion for this hobby, even if they have a lot more to learn. That's not a problem, to have more to learn. But snapping at them because they stated something in a way you dislike is a problem.

I tried being nice and keeping neutral. But this is so very wrong. The other end of this is quite hurt over this whole thread. Many of the opinions here have been seen and are very unwelcome to many people.

Sorry not all of us are born experts, sorry we aren't all oppressed into only saying the same advice and experiences. Sorry there can only be one right way.

But I refuse to stand here and let a bright individual be ruined by a pack of sour grapes.
I
Love
You. Your post^ made me cry. Thank you.

FinalFins

I don't disagree with the idea that communication/friendliness is an offense but that's not the problem, CB has clearly said that the person is sharing bad info, which frankly I have found true. I have tried to correct info said by the person in mind yet they tend to stick to their ideals, and the problem is that giving bad info while trying to be friendly is not the best idea because it could mean life or death for someones fish.

So I think it would be a good idea for this thread to be closed, it has gone in circles few too many times.

Edit-

KribensisLover1

Someone making posts and trying to communicate isn't breaking the rules. What do you expect of the staff? Remove someone for trying to be friendly?

No disrespect, but that's a bit unrealistic.

You don't have to leave or stop helping people. You don't need to leave if you don't really want to. People do want you here. It's best for you to ignore someone and best for them for you to ignore them. People aren't going to agree on everything.

It's unfair to blame the staff and to call someone a symptom as if theyre a disease. I know ive been on the receiving end of some of your bad moods. This isn't so black and white. I know exactly who this thread is about and a lot of what's being said is totally uncalled for.

That person is bright, enthusiastic, smart, and has a whole lot of passion for this hobby, even if they have a lot more to learn. That's not a problem, to have more to learn. But snapping at them because they stated something in a way you dislike is a problem.

I tried being nice and keeping neutral. But this is so very wrong. The other end of this is quite hurt over this whole thread. Many of the opinions here have been seen and are very unwelcome to many people.

Sorry not all of us are born experts, sorry we aren't all oppressed into only saying the same advice and experiences. Sorry there can only be one right way.

But I refuse to stand here and let a bright individual be ruined by a pack of sour grapes.
Calm down people! Jeeze. The train just went off the bridge.
true story lol

I don't disagree with the idea that communication/friendliness is an offense but that's not the problem, CB has clearly said that the person is sharing bad info, which frankly I have found true. I have tried to correct info said by the person in mind yet they tend to stick to their ideals, and the problem is that giving bad info while trying to be friendly is not the best idea because it could mean life or death for someones fish.

So I think it would be a good idea for this thread to be closed, it has gone in circles few too many times.

Edit-
I see your point about bad info
I am not referencing anybody tho. What I can say is this should have been handled privately. That is all.

emilydupree17

I derail even in real life conversations. My stories story turns into another story until I forgot what I was originally talking about haha
I’m pregnant on top of it all there is no saving my conversations. I don’t even get halfway through one before completely forgetting what I was talking about.

jdhef

And again he really is not the problem but more a symptom ..The staff here are the problem IMO ,they don't do their job .
With this I am sure to be banned or this post will be deleted so sorry everyone .

Ah, it's always so nice to be appreciated.

Just remember, being annoying is not grounds for banning someone. Everyone here is annoying to someone somewhere. At FishLore we are a community and all are welcome. We strive here to make everyone feel comfortable and safe. We don't belittle people who are less knowledgeable. If someone gives bad info, that person should be politely corrected, or just post your answer and pretend the other person didn't post a conflicting answer. We don't want to be one of those elitist forums.

At FishLore we only have 12 rules and most have to do with not using foul language and not being rude to others.

Coradee

The thoughtless greed and lack of care by the staff here is the problem. If I got paid for every post he made I would not slow him down either maybe ? Well I would but I can easily see how others have fallen .
It's about integrity to me and some have it and apparently some do not as I see it ..It is never too late for any of us to learn or turn over a new leaf though myself included .

And again he really is not the problem but more a symptom ..The staff here are the problem IMO ,they don't do their job .

Thank you Tom for your support (sarcasm) for the work the mod team does, you have no idea what we do behind the scenes, as unlike some we do not bring it to the boards to shame people.
We do this for free we are not paid & we often are bear the brunt of people’s insults, if bad language was allowed I’d quote some of the abuse we often get when asking people to abide by the few simple rules we have.
If we banned everyone that gave outdated/incorrect/unresearched advice or posted ‘too much’ then we would have very few members. We all have to start somewhere or have you forgotten you were a newbie once? it’s the more experienced members who’s invaluable advice helps new fish keepers to be better fishkeepers & the more we correct wrong advice the more the message will get through, isn’t that’s why we’re all here, to help?
I know the current situation is making people more tetchy than usual so I will stop now & take a deep breath & end by saying if you don’t want to read a members posts then put them on ignore.

**Thread closed**

Mike

I think this thread has run it's course.

coralbandit thanks for the dig at the moderators who are here voluntarily and help keep the forum safe for everyone. Our mods do an awesome and thankless job in my opinion and do a lot of things regular members have no clue about which is how it should be.

The ignore feature was made for what has been described in this thread and I explained how to use it earlier in this thread.

Closing this thread.

Edit: ninja'ed by coradee.

Top Bottom