If your betta lived for 5 years or more please comment down the brand of pellets you used

I read around the Internet that those who fed their bettas with good quality pellets with good ingredients without much fillers and preservatives had their bettas for 5 years or longer. I like to know your brand of pellets if you had one for that long. Yes, other tanks parameters, genetics also play a major role but I like to know the brand relation, if there is any?

Solution
I
I haven't personally had a betta live that long yet but what pellet they eat really isn't going to play a huge role in it. Of course food does have some say in it but it really is more of a minor thing.

The biggest factors are the tank and the genetics. Most pet store bettas will not live that long as they are not bred with health in mind. Even a pet store betta with the highest of care and a diet of live or frozen food can die in a week.

Of course diet can play into immune system support and nutrition which will obviously play a role, however for example stress alone can weaken the immune system. A well cared for betta could become stressed for whatever reason (even boredom) and become ill quickly.Their immune systems just...
I haven't personally had a betta live that long yet but what pellet they eat really isn't going to play a huge role in it. Of course food does have some say in it but it really is more of a minor thing.

The biggest factors are the tank and the genetics. Most pet store bettas will not live that long as they are not bred with health in mind. Even a pet store betta with the highest of care and a diet of live or frozen food can die in a week.

Of course diet can play into immune system support and nutrition which will obviously play a role, however for example stress alone can weaken the immune system. A well cared for betta could become stressed for whatever reason (even boredom) and become ill quickly.Their immune systems just aren't great to begin with- they're pretty fragile fish in that way.

There are definitely a lot of pellets that are higher quality than others. NorthFin for example is a pretty good brand that puts a lot of care into their ingredients. Honestly though pretty much most pellets are going to be ok for your betta and provide deent nutrition, some will just have more or less fats and proteins.

I know a good chunk of people who are super serious about bettas as a whole often use a variety of different foods. Many opt for live and frozen foods as the main diet with pellets as a supplementary addition. Personally, I use two different pellets, freeze dried bloodworms, and frozen mysis shrimp. I give a different food every time I feed and always pre soak it in garlic guard. The pre soaking helps expand the pellets so they don't cause bloating as well as giving it a flavour most fish seem to enjoy. I have read that garlic can also help boost the immune system and has other benefits in fish but am unsure on the specifics. I know VitaChem makes a liquid for presoaking foods as well if youre interested in that.

Some generally good foods are;
NorthFin
Hikari
New Life Spectrum
Ocean Nutrition
Omega One
Aqeuon
Fluval Bug Bites

I

Of course diet can play into immune system support and nutrition which will obviously play a role, however for example stress alone can weaken the immune system. A well cared for betta could become stressed for whatever reason (even boredom) and become ill quickly.Their immune systems just aren't great to begin with- they're pretty fragile fish in that way.

There are definitely a lot of pellets that are higher quality than others. NorthFin for example is a pretty good brand that puts a lot of care into their ingredients. Honestly though pretty much most pellets are going to be ok for your betta and provide deent nutrition, some will just have more or less fats and proteins.

I know a good chunk of people who are super serious about bettas as a whole often use a variety of different foods. Many opt for live and frozen foods as the main diet with pellets as a supplementary addition. Personally, I use two different pellets, freeze dried bloodworms, and frozen mysis shrimp. I give a different food every time I feed and always pre soak it in garlic guard. The pre soaking helps expand the pellets so they don't cause bloating as well as giving it a flavour most fish seem to enjoy. I have read that garlic can also help boost the immune system and has other benefits in fish but am unsure on the specifics. I know VitaChem makes a liquid for presoaking foods as well if youre interested in that.

Some generally good foods are;
NorthFin
Hikari
New Life Spectrum
Ocean Nutrition
Omega One
Aqeuon
Fluval Bug Bites
I too believe their special ingredients(phytonutrients) also plays a vital role in managing their immune system and to cope up with stress. Garlic, rosemary extract, marigold extract, probiotics, etc. are often seen in good quality pellets even for us these ingredients has multi health benefits like a herbal medicine. Some of them are added as natural preservative and some for their special antioxidants benefit. I read a research paper in that triphala & probiotic where given to flies in addition to their regular diet and they had lived for 50% more of their usual lifespan. I believe in side effects free herbal medicine for us in first place. But there isn’t much research done on these ingredients effect on bettas so I like to know their actual effect on them by knowing people’s own experience.

Solution
Top Bottom