1. Amazon PRIME Day is today!
    Stock up on aquarium goodies!

No PRIME membership? No problem, sign up for a 30 Day Free Prime Trial to take advantage of the PRIME day sale prices!

Dismiss Notice

If You Had an Empty 55 Galllon Tank What Would You Put in it ?

1. Butterfly

Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

I have just aquired a 55 Gallon tank with a stand. My Albino Rhino who is about 6 inches long and my 2 Skunk loaches who are about 1 inch at the time are going in as bottom critters. Debating what to put in as mid-water and top water occupants.
    If this were your tank what would you put in it? Allow yourself to dream a little and lets have some fun with this ;D
    This is the Albino Rhino
    clear.gif

2. J

Jessie_Lynn Valued Member Member

I would put lots of angel fish. Of course of different types. There is just so much variety!I would also put plecos, gold nugget pleco, albino pleco,etc.

3. J

Janmitch22 Valued Member Member

That is a sweet fish. That's all I have to say, lol. Do you keep it in less light? I heard that albino anythings are extra sensitive to light.

4. d

dahly Valued Member Member

If I had a 55 gallon tank, I'd go Cichlids! :) But, I don't know if they would play nicely with the one's you're already putting in there. Colorful fish with personality.

5. chickadee

chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

:-\Having only the one fish myself, I couldn't begin to try to come up with an answer. I JUST HAD to tell you how BEAUTIFUL that fish is. A really fine looking fish. Does it grow quite large?

6. G

Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Are you ready for discus! Heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh

7. OP
    OP
    Butterfly

Thanks for the compliments, he will probably get 8-10 inches I've been told. No light doesn't seem to bother him.
    Angels are good, Discus are good. AAARRRGGGHHHH!!! so many choices LOL
    need more suggestions. ::)
    Carol

8. J

Jason Well Known Member Member

Maybe you should go for a semi agressive to agressive aquarium with cichlids and different catfish! Try something different as you've already mastered the 'normal' aquarium... :)

9. j

joe Valued Member Member

I like the colorful fish like the gouramis and maybe some platies, mollies, or guppies. Angelfish are good too.

10. Isabella

Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Oh man ... if I had a 55 gallon tank ... I'd put everything in it! LOL! Hmm, ok, here: discus are beautiful; of course more angelfish (!); rams (esp. bolivian rams!); and maybe some BUTTERFLYS ;D haha

11. Isabella

Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

OOPS ... I meant BUTTERFLIES! Sorry!

12. OP
    OP
    Butterfly

Great suggestions!!! Since I have to put these guys in on the bottom I can't have anymore plecos. I just love Plecos. Keep the ideas coming ;D
    carol

13. n

nap83 New Member Member

i'll definitely put an oscar, or make it a mbuna tank! it gives color & liveliness to the tank.