If You Had an Empty 55 Galllon Tank What Would You Put in it ?

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have just aquired a 55 Gallon tank with a stand. My Albino Rhino who is about 6 inches long and my 2 Skunk loaches who are about 1 inch at the time are going in as bottom critters. Debating what to put in as mid-water and top water occupants.
If this were your tank what would you put in it? Allow yourself to dream a little and lets have some fun with this ;D
This is the Albino Rhino
clear.gif

Jessie_Lynn

Valued Member
Reaction score

Janmitch22

Valued Member
Reaction score
That is a sweet fish. That's all I have to say, lol. Do you keep it in less light? I heard that albino anythings are extra sensitive to light.

dahly

Valued Member
Reaction score
If I had a 55 gallon tank, I'd go Cichlids! But, I don't know if they would play nicely with the one's you're already putting in there. Colorful fish with personality.

chickadee

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
:-\Having only the one fish myself, I couldn't begin to try to come up with an answer. I JUST HAD to tell you how BEAUTIFUL that fish is. A really fine looking fish. Does it grow quite large?

Gunnie

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Are you ready for discus! Heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Thanks for the compliments, he will probably get 8-10 inches I've been told. No light doesn't seem to bother him.
Angels are good, Discus are good. AAARRRGGGHHHH!!! so many choices LOL
need more suggestions. :
Carol

Jason

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Maybe you should go for a semi agressive to agressive aquarium with cichlids and different catfish! Try something different as you've already mastered the 'normal' aquarium...

joe

Valued Member
Reaction score

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Oh man ... if I had a 55 gallon tank ... I'd put everything in it! LOL! Hmm, ok, here: discus are beautiful; of course more angelfish (!); rams (esp. bolivian rams!); and maybe some BUTTERFLYS ;D haha

Isabella

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
OOPS ... I meant BUTTERFLIES! Sorry!

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Great suggestions!!! Since I have to put these guys in on the bottom I can't have anymore plecos. I just love Plecos. Keep the ideas coming ;D
carol

nap83

Reaction score
i'll definitely put an oscar, or make it a mbuna tank! it gives color & liveliness to the tank.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom