If You Had an Empty 55 Galllon Tank What Would You Put in it ?

1. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

I have just aquired a 55 Gallon tank with a stand. My Albino Rhino who is about 6 inches long and my 2 Skunk loaches who are about 1 inch at the time are going in as bottom critters. Debating what to put in as mid-water and top water occupants.
    If this were your tank what would you put in it? Allow yourself to dream a little and lets have some fun with this ;D
    This is the Albino Rhino
    clear.gif

2. Jessie_Lynn Member Member

I would put lots of angel fish. Of course of different types. There is just so much variety!I would also put plecos, gold nugget pleco, albino pleco,etc.

3. Janmitch22 Member Member

That is a sweet fish. That's all I have to say, lol. Do you keep it in less light? I heard that albino anythings are extra sensitive to light.

4. dahly Member Member

If I had a 55 gallon tank, I'd go Cichlids! :) But, I don't know if they would play nicely with the one's you're already putting in there. Colorful fish with personality.

5. chickadee Fishlore VIP Member

:-\Having only the one fish myself, I couldn't begin to try to come up with an answer. I JUST HAD to tell you how BEAUTIFUL that fish is. A really fine looking fish. Does it grow quite large?

6. Gunnie Well Known Member Member

Are you ready for discus! Heheheheheheheheheheheheheheheh

7. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Thanks for the compliments, he will probably get 8-10 inches I've been told. No light doesn't seem to bother him.
    Angels are good, Discus are good. AAARRRGGGHHHH!!! so many choices LOL
    need more suggestions. ::)
    Carol

8. Jason Well Known Member Member

Maybe you should go for a semi agressive to agressive aquarium with cichlids and different catfish! Try something different as you've already mastered the 'normal' aquarium... :)

9. joe Member Member

I like the colorful fish like the gouramis and maybe some platies, mollies, or guppies. Angelfish are good too.

10. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

Oh man ... if I had a 55 gallon tank ... I'd put everything in it! LOL! Hmm, ok, here: discus are beautiful; of course more angelfish (!); rams (esp. bolivian rams!); and maybe some BUTTERFLYS ;D haha

11. Isabella Fishlore VIP Member

OOPS ... I meant BUTTERFLIES! Sorry!

12. Butterfly Moderator Moderator Member

Great suggestions!!! Since I have to put these guys in on the bottom I can't have anymore plecos. I just love Plecos. Keep the ideas coming ;D
    carol

13. nap83 Initiate Member

i'll definitely put an oscar, or make it a mbuna tank! it gives color & liveliness to the tank.