If You Could........

Shawnie

Within reason of course, because we know us fishlovers have an expensive budget in our "dream world"

WHAT WOULD YOU ASK YOUR SIG OTHER FOR VALENTINES DAY?

I'm curious as this has been a subject of debate and ive actually asked my bf who goes all out, to either take me to dinner or get a me a nice gift certificate to my LFS!! (he spends way way way too much on roses that are beautiful and appreciated, but don't last)

CHoffman

A whole day and night out!!!..It would be great to go somewhere for the day have fun doing whatever we want, dinner, movie, shopping (going to the fish store kind of shopping) Then get a nice Hotel with a hot tub and pool and a bar and have a nice night without kiddos!!!...This won't happen but it's a nice thought..I'll probably get a hug and a kiss, tell me what a great wife and mom I am,,( Which I am..lol..)and a nice card..Which is more then enough to keep me happy, because he's a good guy..Now, if he were a jerk I'd be asking for diamonds..lol..

Lucy

Oh wow.......I wouldn't ask for things.....ok, maybe a hood, heater gravel and ornaments for one of my 30's.......but besides that I'd rather he go down my honey do list and complete some much needed projects.

Shawnie

CHoffman said:
A whole day and night out!!!..It would be great to go somewhere for the day have fun doing whatever we want, dinner, movie, shopping (going to the fish store kind of shopping) Then get a nice Hotel with a hot tub and pool and a bar and have a nice night without kiddos!!!...This won't happen but it's a nice thought..I'll probably get a hug and a kiss, tell me what a great wife and mom I am,,( Which I am..lol..)and a nice card..Which is more then enough to keep me happy, because he's a good guy..Now, if he were a jerk I'd be asking for diamonds..lol..
nice!!!!!!! even if it won't happen, its nice to think about it isn't it

I'm hoping this spring we will have a hot tub...but not at the cost of giving up a tank LOL ..which was my option last year

bettafish2816

a 30 gallon hex and a pair of koI angels! if she was loaded with lots and lots of money to spare, i'd ask for a 125 gallon for a pair of oscars........lol.......

Martinismommy

To encourage me to buy a pair of royal blue/white halfmoon butterfly bettas! lol

Red1313

A way I can bring all those poor abused Petland betta girls home... but I'll settle for a fishsitter while I'm out of the country this spring.

Shawnie

great ideas!!!!

ahem red..where you goin ? to visit us crazies? ;D

Matt

I am not sure

I am only 13. LOL.

-Matt

Nick G

Let me buy a 200gal and a Jaguar Cichlid, but there's no chance of that as I've been told many, many times.................

Iron waffle

I don't know, some kind of farm animal I guess.

Shawnie

Nick Goody said:
Let me buy a 200gal and a Jaguar Cichlid, but there's no chance of that as I've been told many, many times.................
she must not be into fish as much as you are I take it? because ID LOVE FOR MY BF to offer this to me! ;D

sticky fish

I'd ask for a day of spending quality time together and another 5 gallon hex tank... I want another puffer!

Nick G

Shawnie said:
she must not be into fish as much as you are I take it? because ID LOVE FOR MY BF to offer this to me! ;D
She likes the fish, but not the money I spend on them!

Amanda

If I had a signifigant other, lol...
I'd really want a 75 gal. tank for 2 oscars.

Mike19

Nick Goody said:
She likes the fish, but not the money I spend on them!
You better watch out, spending more money on this fish then the wife my cause disaster down the track , just say its for her that way you spend the money on fish for your wife

aquatic mouse

A 3 gallon eclipse tank for a future beta. Which I'm probably getting!

Amanda

rofl.
Is there anyone on this forum who doesn't have at least one betta?!
I think that the Betta Bug should be a classifiable disease, listed as VERY contagious.

aquatic mouse

Amanda, this will actually be my first betta! Can you believe it? My husband has had them before. I saw Martinismommy's pics of her babies and heard how social they are. I'm really hoping she breeds them again in the spring.

Amanda

I hope she breeds her beautiful boy Patron....then I'll have to find some $$ to buy one & get it shipped to my house.
It really is a disease!

Nick G

I don't even like looking at pics of Martinsmommys Bettas. It makes me SO jealous. You can't get anything even approaching their beauty over here. I shudder to think what people here would pay for them.

Amanda

I could make a FORTUNE shipping fish to NZ. lol

Nick G

Over here Bettas come in 3 colours. Red, Blue, or Dirty Yellow. Or Red..............

Mike19

Amanda said:
rofl.
Is there anyone on this forum who doesn't have at least one betta?!
I think that the Betta Bug should be a classifiable disease, listed as VERY contagious.
I don't yet, I have the spare tank and everything, as soon as I see a white betta I'm buying it lol

Amanda

I can't find a red betta ANYWHERE.
I want a pure red betta, and for the life of me, can't find one.

Nick G

Heres one.......He's called Bailey. I'll swap him for a JD!

Amanda

Nick Goody said:
Heres one.......He's called Bailey. I'll swap him for a JD!
rofl.
How tempting that offer is. There were around 4 juvie JD's at my LFS last time I was there.

Red1313

Shawnie said:
great ideas!!!!

ahem red..where you goin ? to visit us crazies? ;D
lol no sorry,
me and my crazies (two best friends) are spending a few weeks in ireland right at the end of semseter before summer starts.

bettafish2816

Amanda said:

close?

bettafish2816

Mike19 said:
I don't yet, I have the spare tank and everything, as soon as I see a white betta I'm buying it lol

just trying to help the MTS along....

pinkfloydpuffer

Maybe I'd ask for a significant other...
Yes, I'm a bit bitter around this time of year. Yes, I'm so sick and tired of being single. Yes, I hate being lonely and being *almost* 20 and still living at home and going on like one date a year. I guess my weirdness is just too much for the boys to handle.
Anyways, shut up me! Enough whining!

I never thought of Valentine's as a day for presents... I just always thought a few roses or a box of chocolates, lol. But hey, some people get presents for Easter too, which I'd never heard of, we just got candy lol.

Nick G

Don't feel bitter Pink! Your not missing much, my wife won't be getting anything either!

pinkfloydpuffer

Well, I just don't like Valentine's day, that's all. Maybe when I actually get to celebrate one properly then I'll like it...

Mike19

pinkfloydpuffer said:
Well, I just don't like Valentine's day, that's all. Maybe when I actually get to celebrate one properly then I'll like it...
haha, I'm sure your puffers have something arranged lol

pinkfloydpuffer

Mike19 said:
haha, I'm sure your puffers have something arranged lol
Aaaaaawwww! lol! I hope so. They are my pride and joy after all ;D
Hm... that makes me think... what should I do for them for Valentine's Day?

Noahkm18

I would ask her to pick a restraunt that dosent drain me out of 100 dollars to eat some sushi.

Mike19

pinkfloydpuffer said:
Aaaaaawwww! lol! I hope so. They are my pride and joy after all ;D
Hm... that makes me think... what should I do for them for Valentine's Day?
Cycle that tank quicker , maybe a special treat haha

pinkfloydpuffer

Mike19 said:
Cycle that tank quicker , maybe a special treat haha
Hey, I'm doing all I can! lol! But I'm pretty sure it'll be done next week...
Oh, I know, I'll give them a girlyfriend. Named Kiwi. ;D

jgon_

Amanda said:
Wow, really? Pure red, pure blue, red/blue; are the most common ones to find in any petco/petsmart around here.

Red1313

My boyfriend hates Valintines day, his ex apparently broke up with him on it. Just means I need to be nicer to him that day.

bettafish2816

Red1313 said:
My boyfriend hates Valintines day, his ex apparently broke up with him on it. Just means I need to be nicer to him that day.
wow...that's kind of tacky.... (his ex I mean )

Amanda

jgon_ said:
Wow, really? Pure red, pure blue, red/blue; are the most common ones to find in any petco/petsmart around here.
There's a lot of pure blues & blue/red mixes. But no pure red. Oh well, I don't have room right now anyway. I do have a b'day coming up though......lol

Alessa

Shawnie said:
Within reason of course, because we know us fishlovers have an expensive budget in our "dream world"

WHAT WOULD YOU ASK YOUR SIG OTHER FOR VALENTINES DAY?

I'm curious as this has been a subject of debate and ive actually asked my bf who goes all out, to either take me to dinner or get a me a nice gift certificate to my LFS!! (he spends way way way too much on roses that are beautiful and appreciated, but don't last)
Lol.... I know for a fact In getting a gift card to an lfs...

now... the question is what in the world do I get him?

Mike19

Amanda said:
There's a lot of pure blues & blue/red mixes. But no pure red. Oh well, I don't have room right now anyway. I do have a b'day coming up though......lol
haha cool, blues and reds are really common here I'm after a pure white , my b'day is coming up soon too lol

Shawnie

Alessa said:
Lol.... I know for a fact In getting a gift card to an lfs...

now... the question is what in the world do I get him?
a gift card to the same store;D (its the thought that counts!! and if he hates it, tell him aww I'm sorry baby but ill use it )

Alessa

Shawnie said:
a gift card to the same store;D (its the thought that counts!! and if he hates it, tell him aww I'm sorry baby but ill use it )
great idea Shawnie!;D especially now that I need that expensive fluorescent lamp for the planted 55 gal...

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom