If you could have an 1000 gallon aquarium - Page 3

ojdgtjc
a massive school of piranhas or exodons would be lit

Shika
How many angelfish do you think I could have in it? Because those are probably my favorite looking fish and if I had room for the size tank they'd need, that's absolutely what I'd have

Amazoniantanklvr
Shika said:
How many angelfish do you think I could have in it? Because those are probably my favorite looking fish and if I had room for the size tank they'd need, that's absolutely what I'd have
150 angels

fishouttawater
an aussie native tank for me.murray cod ,silver perch tandanus catfish and a massive school of rainbows of some sort.i would have it all plumbed through my wall to a sump outside for proccessing through several large aquaponic grow beds to minimise water changes.

CHJ
I would get Nibbles.
COVID is currently stopping the build of a 12x4x4 tank. Or maybe 12x4x3. It will be concrete, acrylic and I beams built into the basement.
IMG_20200513_125124.jpg

FishBoy101
I'd either have the biggest school of tetra or the largest betta sorority. XD

Pariah
Probably some combination of black crappie, bluegill, pumpkinseeds, yellow perch and some type of bullheads. However, bowfin would be neat just because of how ugly, mean and prehistoric they are.

david1978
I would sell it.

jkkgron2
I would use it as a swimming pool

MomeWrath
david1978 said:
I would sell it.
lol on Craigslist for $20 less than you paid for it eight years ago like everyone else does? haha

Pariah
MomeWrath said:
lol on Craigslist for $20 less than you paid for it eight years ago like everyone else does? haha
Then someone lowballs you 1/4 of the asking price, says their buddy has one for even less and wants you to deliver 4 hours away for free.

SnookusFish
Id make an ecosystem tank so 1000s of dwarf shrimp, massive schools of small fish. Dwarf SA cichlids and then a ouple bigger cichlids. Really heavily planted though.

Mike1995
A big colony of frontosa. Big beautiful fish, I just don't have a big enough tank yet

david1978
MomeWrath said:
Pariah said:
Then someone lowballs you 1/4 of the asking price, says their buddy has one for even less and wants you to deliver 4 hours away for free.
No low ballers. I know what i got. Thats why i cant ever sell my 75. Its an oceonic. It was the best of the best 15 years ago.

FinalFins
Pariah said:
That pretty sums up r/choosingbeggars.

Betta'sAnonymous
To be honest, i would probably release all the really small panfish i catch over the summer in there. Maybe not the most responsible thing to do, but thats my honest answer. Maybe throw a couple of bullheads in there too for fun.

Sauceboat
Donovan Jones
I'd plant some amazon swords, tiger lotus, and water wisteria, add some driftwood, leaves and moss along with daphnia, scuds, seed shrimp, etc. Wait about 2 months then add leptolucania ommata, elassoma sp., and heterandria formosa. Then just let it go. Basically an ecosystem

babykitten
Say you have enough outlets, space, money etc.

FishBoy101
1 single betta

AJE
FishBoy101 said:
1 single brine shrimp!
1 single daphnia (is daphnia smaller)

FishBoy101
AJE said:
1 single daphnia (is daphnia smaller)
1 single..... Shoot you win

Jimjam82
Black Diamond Stingrays.. They are fascinating to watch

AngelfishDude722
Shika said:
I love angelfish so much my guy they are the best.

AquaticQueen
Discus, angelfish, a giant cherry shrimp colony, or a giant pink gourami (no idea where I'd find one of those).

AngelfishDude722
AquaticQueen spot on giant cherry shrimp colony is smart but you know how much money substrate wood and plants for them would cost!

AquaticQueen
AngelfishDude722 said:
AquaticQueen spot on giant cherry shrimp colony is smart but you know how much money substrate wood and plants for them would cost!
Yeah, pricey, but with this we are supposed to have the money for it, right?

AngelfishDude722
AquaticQueen said:
Yeah, pricey, but with this we are supposed to have the money for it, right?
I think this is a bill gates level purchase.

FuryX
MissPanda said:
I'd get an albino alligator gar. I'd prob add something else, but I never really look too much into those large species because it's not realistic for me.

.. and just so everyone can see how cute they are. Little fat white blimps. I love them !
Yea that bite from those teeth arent cute. I got bit by a 3 foot gar I caught before

ojdgtjc said:
if YOU could have a 1000 gallon aquarium and money, time, food, etc wasn't a problem, what would you get and why? I would do one largemouth bass and one peacock bass and one arowana and maybe a jaguar cichlid. I'm interested to see all of the answers to this.
Grow out some monster oscars.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Find a Guru

Top Bottom