If you could have an 1000 gallon aquarium - Page 2

RyanC14
I would love to do a large native (Minnesota) biotope with fathead minnows, longnose dace, johnny darters, brook sticklebacks and central mudminnows (which all live in the creek near my house).

MissPanda
Fishies99 said:
Funny story, the hospital I work in decided to get rid of the custom approx 1300 gallon aquarium they had. I almost took it but couldn't figure out a way to transport it home, tank was 12 feet long. Also it would have cost a fortune in water bills to maintain
Were they giving it away for free?

MissPanda
CaptainAquatics said:
may I add another prompt to this thread? Here it is: what if you could have a 10000 gallon aquarium. Same rules apply to this one as the last one. Personally I don’t even know. Probably some true monsters (ex: aropima, RTC’s, MBU puffer, Wels catfish, etc.) BTW just joking about the Wels. If you have never heard of them look them up I don’t think they would even work in that big of a tank lol. Maybe one of them alone, I would have to research.
I'd do an octopus tank.

Nomofish
Definitely have to go with a redtail catfish and then do research on top water and mid water schooling fish from the same native rivers and choose from there what I wanted!

plecodragon
a HUGE school of either neon tetras or cardinals, a huge school of ember tetras and a huge school of corydoras. Fully planted with black substrate.
or a major grouping of yellow labs and other cichlids with rock work and black gravel they look so bright against the black substrate.
The maintenance would be killer thou.

jinjerJOSH22
Several Giant Red Tail Gourami and a few Ornate Bichir

Dch48
Put a shower head above it and use it for a bathtub

CanadianFishFan
Buy a female betta every week and add em in. Or worlds largest guppy tank.

BobbyTez
I would add sharks and stingrays

mrsP
Freshwater stingrays.

SM1199
Nobote said:
Coldwater aquarium designed like a stream with trout in it. Brookies, cuthroat and tiger trout..or palominos.
Similar to this?

Nobote
Yes!

Or like this

Wardonianfungus
I’d stock it with five guppies, 10 assorted snails, some goldfish, gouramis, and shrimp. Then I’d let the magic happen.

SM1199
Nobote said:
Yes!

Or like this
Wow, that's so big and well-designed it doesn't even look like a tank! Is it even a tank, or just underwater shots of a river?

moon17
Feohw said:
A male betta. Because why not.
that's so sweet and I agree. Just spoil the heck out of a betta

DoubleDutch

Jack B Nimble
I have a 1500 gallon pond and in the end that is small.

SM1199
iamgoldfish
goldfih.. goldfish everywhere. so many goldfish. butterfly, pearlscale, ryukin. goldfish

Gamer
1 male betta
A very beautiful one

KingJamal2
iamgoldfish said:
goldfih.. goldfish everywhere. so many goldfish. butterfly, pearlscale, ryukin. goldfish
You must like goldfish...

iamgoldfish
AJE
ojdgtjc said:
if YOU could have a 1000 gallon aquarium and money, time, food, etc wasn't a problem, what would you get and why? I would do one largemouth bass and one peacock bass and one arowana and maybe a jaguar cichlid. I'm interested to see all of the answers to this.
10000 rcs and 600 rummy nose tetras

VeiltailKing
Pythia
all the species of plecos in the world, I'm a big fan of them!

FathomtheFish
A huge community tank with a ton of live plants and multiple male bettas.

Amazoniantanklvr
Discus tank! Or soper large bio tope reef.

jkkgron2
A megalodon would totally fit perfectly

Corycatz
ojdgtjc said:
if YOU could have a 1000 gallon aquarium and money, time, food, etc wasn't a problem, what would you get and why? I would do one largemouth bass and one peacock bass and one arowana and maybe a jaguar cichlid. I'm interested to see all of the answers to this.
An army of shrimp. Only shrimp. I will be unstoppable.

NevermindIgnoreMe
A:
GOLDFISH. OH MY GOSH YAAAAS. A truckload of goldfish.
Two of each, butterfly telescope, pearlscale, ranchu, oranda, tosakin, and I would just get a few at first then breed the ones of the same breeds and keep some of the babies. But since I only got two of each (one male one female) I could grow out a bunch of fry and make money off of huge young goldfish. Also I would have soooo many plants, cabomba, rotala, money and penny wort, anubias, Amazon sword... and also water lilies, probably some Dauben or Colorata. Go totally filter free completely filtered by plants.

B: Cuttlefish. I adore them but can't come close to affording them. I love me some cuttlefish they are SO CUTE.

Pebbels
ojdgtjc said:
Ummm mabey a pond looking tank with koi

CoryBoi
At least 150 corries, 20 pearl gouramis, tons of schools of tetras.

DylanM
Several bamboo sharks.

Amazoniantanklvr
I knew that you were going to say cories!!

juniperlea
Me, and whatever fish can put up with me!

FinalFins
CaptainAquatics said:
may I add another prompt to this thread? Here it is: what if you could have a 10000 gallon aquarium. Same rules apply to this one as the last one. Personally I don’t even know. Probably some true monsters (ex: aropima, RTC’s, MBU puffer, Wels catfish, etc.) BTW just joking about the Wels. If you have never heard of them look them up I don’t think they would even work in that big of a tank lol. Maybe one of them alone, I would have to research.
A 10 thousand gallon? I don't even know but I know for sure I would be doing one of those cheesy "spin the wheel whatever it lands on I buy" videos from youtube.

CoryBoi
CaptainAquatics said:
Probably 2,000 corries, hundreds of gouramis and a thousand or so tetras of some type

CHJ
1000gal? A goonch..
Doh, overstocked!

Morrigan
1,000g? Probably a reef setup.

10,000g? A section of the Amazon River transplanted into the world's longest tank.

CoryBoi
Morrigan said:
1,000g? Probably a reef setup.

10,000g? A section of the Amazon River transplanted into the world's longest tank.
Sorry to say the worlds largest amazon aquascape is larger than 10,000 gal I believe it is around 40,000. Rip TakashI Amano

Amazoniantanklvr
CoryFan said:
Sorry to say the worlds largest amazon aquascape is larger than 10,000 gal I believe it is around 40,000. Rip TakashI Amano
I saw some congo tetras in there! It isn't truly a slice of the amazon.

Morrigan
CoryFan said:
That is epic.

World's longest tank housed in a private residence then

Amazoniantanklvr
Good luck fitting that in your living room. I also hope that you are able to do tank maintenance and lets hope you don't go broke doing water changes, or filling it up for that matter.

Morrigan
I figure in a world where I have a 10,000g tank money isn't much of an issue. And the house would be designed and built around the tank of course!

CHJ
Morrigan said:
That is epic.

World's longest tank housed in a private residence then
Well you are really going to depend on the definition of "in" or your tank has to be more than 50 meters long.

ystrout
First Options: Calico bass and california sheephead. I scuba dive with these fellas in Southern California and they're the sweetest, friendliest, cutest fish ever. They love people and interact with you while you're diving. I love them. If we're fantasizing here, I'd want to keep one of each as a pet and bring them scuba diving with me, then bring them home when we're done diving.

I kid you not, these fish will follow you and interact with you for as long as you'll give them time.

Tropical Option: French angelfish, porcupine puffer, and orange spot tuskfish. I love these fish and it would be amazing to have my own. The reality is I'll never keep a tank larger than a 180 gallon so I'll keep enjoying these fish when I'm scuba diving and not in an aquarium.

Random Great Thread

Latest threads

Aquarium Calculator

Aquarium Photo Contests

Find a Guru

Top Bottom