If You Could Have A 180 Gallon Aquarium, What Would You Put In It?

Katie13
Discus! I have 2 juvies at the moment.

fa4960
10 - 12 Wild discus

SixThreeOh
12 Myloplus Rubripinnis
12 Metynnis Fasciatus
A few otos.

Katie13
JLeeM
Honestly, I've not researched many larger fish due to working with small tanks, or planning a large community tank. So, I would be tempted to do a huge understocked fancy goldfish tank. Maybe 8-10 max. Or possibly a huge betta sorority.

SixThreeOh
Honestly, I've not researched many larger fish due to working with small tanks, or planning a large community tank. So, I would be tempted to do a huge understocked fancy goldfish tank. Maybe 8-10 max. Or possibly a huge betta sorority.
Betta community with a few males would be interesting.

CanadianJoeh
Flowerhorn and a bicher!

Same setup as king of DIY. I love it.

fa4960
Heckles would look incredible!

P&Y Discus Farm (Bangkok,Thailand)

How about 6 each of these ones?

Although I didn't have a tank for them I did inquire on the price and 12 of those would set me back a decent holiday trip for the whole family.....probably all good I didn't have a tank ready!

GrayGray4231
Flowerhorn and a bicher!

Same setup as king of DIY. I love it.
YOU WATCH HIM TOO!?!?!?

CanadianJoeh
75g Discus Tank
P&Y Discus Farm (Bangkok,Thailand)

How about 6 each of these ones?

Although I didn't have a tank for them I did inquire on the price and 12 of those would set me back a decent holiday trip for the whole family.....probably all good I didn't have a tank ready!
How much are they?
I’m looking for a wild discus to finish off my tank,

GrayGray4231
Of course he's a fellow Canadian
Hehe, I am not Canadian but he has an AMAZING "collection" of fish!

75g Discus Tank
Another option:
Pearscale goldfish (x 20)

david1978
You don't need a 180 to acheave that. Lol.

fa4960
How much are they?
I’m looking for a wild discus to finish off my tank,

Firstly I would not recommend mixing wild discus with domestic discus and secondly I wouldn't buy only one as I don't think it would do well not in a group. With that said the Jatapu Heckel Cross was something like USD 450 and the Urucum Red around USD 350 each.

JLeeM
Eh. I don't know if I'd be that brave still. Lol.

JLeeM
Another option:
Pearscale goldfish (x 20)
They were something new to me when you mentioned them in one of my threads. They're ugly. Lol. To each their own I know, but that's me.

david1978
Considering what I have in a 75. In a 180 I'm thinking 6 male bettas and 30 girls. It would be awesome.

Wobbegong
What about a few different species of rainbows,
Axelrodi
Turquoise
Bosemani
Dwarf neon
Red Irain
and more different species for a whole rainbow fish rainbow.
+a panaque for good measure.

aussieJJDude
Well it depenss on the dimensions of the tank. If its tall:
Angels
Discus
Tetras (most likely rummies, but why not do something different)
Pencilfish
Cories
Pleco
If short but long:
Mudskippers/fw crabs

Or

KuhlI loaches
Nano fish

FlipFlopFishFlake
Man, I am just drooling at the thought of it..... For the purposes of convenience I am going to be ignoring price, or I wouldn't be able to put anything in!

I have a ton of ideas, my first one would be a huge, heavily planted tank with nano fish and inverts. I would keep a huge group of pygmy hatchets to dwell in the top section, along with a group of threadfin rainbows. I would large school of celestial pearl danios, along with a large school of african butterfly barbs. On the bottom I would keep a swarm of corydoras, along with a breeding colony of blue dream shrimp.

Another specific tank I have been dreaming about is an oddball community. I would keep a school of glass cats, and a school of celebes halfbeak, some twig catfish, 2 elephant nose fish, a breeding group of apistogramma caucatoides, banded barbs.....oh boy. Now I think I have to get a few 180 gallons and start saving up for some fish......

luckdown
Is it bad I just want to put a couple pairs of some livebearers in there and watch the population explode?

Kyleena696
Black ghost knifefish. I can't wait until I can have a tank big enough for one of them :cat:

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
platy21
Replies
Views
mans
Replies
Views
tuggerlake26
Replies
Views