Question If You Could Grow Any Of The Following Carpet Plants Successfully, Which One Would You Pick?

If you were guaranteed success, which carpet plant would you choose below?


  • Total voters
    22

Vishaquatics

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,254
Reaction score
1,298
Location
USA
Experience
More than 10 years
HI FishLore,

I’ve expanded my foreground collection considerably but I’m not sure which species to put on super production. I’m taking this poll of the easier carpetting Plants to see which ones are actually in demand and which ones are not by fellow hobbyists. Thank you for your input!
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #5
OP
Vishaquatics

Vishaquatics

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,254
Reaction score
1,298
Location
USA
Experience
More than 10 years
WinterSoldier. said:
Dwarf hair grass.
PheonixKingZ said:
I would really like to grow Dwarf Hairgrass.
Awesome, this plant has already been put in super production and I have a ton of portions growing submersed. By start of June, I should have a ton
 

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
6,920
Reaction score
4,070
Location
Florida, USA
Experience
3 years
PheonixKingZ said:
Do you sell and ship it?
I've purchased pearlweed from the OP and it was in great shape, it's currently carpeting my 2 gallon and my shrimp love it! His other plants will be high quality too, I'm sure of it.

photo_2019-04-19_19-42-33.jpg
 

PheonixKingZ

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,514
Reaction score
569
Location
Lexington K.Y.
Experience
4 years
Wow!! That looks great!! Is it a fast multiplying plant? Or do you have to trI'm it, if he sells, and shippes it, I would love to get some!
 

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
6,920
Reaction score
4,070
Location
Florida, USA
Experience
3 years
PheonixKingZ said:
Wow!! That looks great!! Is it a fast multiplying plant? Or do you have to trI'm it, if he sells, and shippes it, I would love to get some!
It grows quite fast in my tanks because I inject CO2 and have higher lighting, but pearlweed is a quick grower regardless. If you trI'm it and replant the trimmings it fills in really quickly, and good lighting and substrate makes it creep rather than grow vertically. By far the easiest carpeting plant I've tried.
 

PheonixKingZ

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,514
Reaction score
569
Location
Lexington K.Y.
Experience
4 years
Sweet!! Does it only grow in sand? I have gravel, would that work?


Lol, I know, I really want sand, but I don’t have time to redo my tank!!
 

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
6,920
Reaction score
4,070
Location
Florida, USA
Experience
3 years
PheonixKingZ said:
Sweet!! Does it only grow in sand? I have gravel, would that work?


Lol, I know, I really want sand, but I don’t have time to redo my tank!!
Pearlweed will grow in just about any substrate, left floating, or even attached to hardscape. It may not carpet on gravel properly but with repeated pruning and replanting you could get dense, bushy growth.
 

PheonixKingZ

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,514
Reaction score
569
Location
Lexington K.Y.
Experience
4 years
Nice, I love the look of tall plants in the back, and the short, bushy plant in front! I pretty mush just like lush, green tanks!! I think your tank is beautiful!!
 

Fahn

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
6,920
Reaction score
4,070
Location
Florida, USA
Experience
3 years
PheonixKingZ said:
Nice, I love the look of tall plants in the back, and the short, bushy plant in front! I pretty mush just like lush, green tanks!! I think your tank is beautiful!!
Hit Vishaquatics (Koiman) up via PM
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #14
OP
Vishaquatics

Vishaquatics

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,254
Reaction score
1,298
Location
USA
Experience
More than 10 years
Thank you Fahn I appreciate the shoutout.

PheonixKingZ I do ship tons of varieties of plants that are all grown submersed
 

-Mak-

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
5,059
Reaction score
3,434
Location
NC
Experience
3 years
Probably UT like Fahn!
Also that tissue culture white glosso looks super cool but I’d imagine it has a lot of reverting
 
  • Thread starter
  • Thread Starter
  • #18
OP
Vishaquatics

Vishaquatics

Well Known
Member
Messages
1,254
Reaction score
1,298
Location
USA
Experience
More than 10 years
-Mak- said:
Probably UT like Fahn!
Also that tissue culture white glosso looks super cool but I’d imagine it has a lot of reverting
Did you find that on Buce Plant? I just saw it a few days ago and I was absolutely blown away. I also saw they had full grown adult crypt flamingo for $30. I actually was able to purchase one before they sold out so I'm super stoked to be receiving it soon. I'll definitely be putting that crypt on super production so hopefully I will be able to produce tons of submersed grown adult crypt flamingos.
 

-Mak-

Fishlore VIP
Member
Messages
5,059
Reaction score
3,434
Location
NC
Experience
3 years
Vishaquatics (Koiman) said:
Did you find that on Buce Plant? I just saw it a few days ago and I was absolutely blown away. I also saw they had full grown adult crypt flamingo for $30. I actually was able to purchase one before they sold out so I'm super stoked to be receiving it soon. I'll definitely be putting that crypt on super production so hopefully I will be able to produce tons of submersed grown adult crypt flamingos.
Yep! Good luck with those crypts, I’ve heard they’re much more finicky than other varieties
 

WetRootsNH

Well Known
Member
Messages
831
Reaction score
637
Location
New Hampshire
Experience
3 years
If what you like about the flamingo is that it's a pink crypt than crypt spiralis 'red' is pretty pink and easy to grow. The flamingo is sweet, just thought I'd mention an alternative.

As far as a carpeting plant I'd like to see grown more?
If I had the room to grow it in volume I'd grow Cryptocoryne parva. It requires higher light than most crypts but lower light than most other carpets. It's just incredibly slow growing.
20190408_202244.jpg
 

New Threads

Similar Threads

Follow FishLore!

FishLore on Social Media

Online statistics

Members online
284
Guests online
3,301
Total visitors
3,585

Aquarium Photo Contests

Aquarium Calculator

Top Bottom