If this does not help, what should I try next?

1. a

anz Valued Member Member

I have a red zebra cichlid that is not eating. It's been about 6 weeks. Here is a link to a previous post reled to my sick fish. https://www.fishlore.com/fishforum/...4149-what-could-wrong-my-fish-not-eating.html. After reading the responses and looking at some more stuff on internal parasites, I decided to treat my fish for parasites.

So after that post,(I did not have a hospital tank) I treated the entire tank with API General Cure. About a week later, I got a hospital tank and moved the red zebra to the hospital tank. I treated the 10 gallon hospital tank with Tetra Parasite Guard. 48 hours later, I did a 25% water change, treated the tank again with the parasite guard, added 1 tablespoon Epsom salt (a little at a time over about 4-5 hours). I will wait 48 hours, do a 25%water change and treat again.

My question is ....if this does not work, what if anything, should I try next? My fish has the following symptoms: not eating. Takes in food, but spits it out, sunken belly, clear stingy feces. It is not acting sick...not having problems breathing, hanging at the bottom of the tank, nothing like that. What do I do next?

Here is a link to a YouTube vid of him in the hospital tank. Thanks in advance for your help!

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GFvatWGN8YQ

2. beginner

beginner Valued Member Member

she's very pretty. what are you feeding her. and whats the deal with the tank she came from???

3. Msheresy

Msheresy Valued Member Member

Dosing the water doesn't always work. Will you fish eat live or frozen foods at all? Sometimes with internal parasites, they will still eat something that is moving. If so, thaw the frozen food, dose with metronidazole and referee so that it will be absorbed into the frozen food. Other than that, you can force feed metronidazole but I'm def not advocating that and I've never done it myself.

4. OP
    OP
    a

anz Valued Member Member

I feed a variety of food? Mostly NLS, spirulina flakes, occasional brine shrimp, zucchini, peas. The problem is that it is not eating.
    Not sure what you ant to know about the other tank. It's cycled. All other fish are eating.

5. OP
    OP
    a

anz Valued Member Member

My fish is Not eating! This is why I treated the tank vs. giving food.

6. s

sambofish Valued Member Member

Try garlic guard or diy it ie tank water in a blender with garlic and then soak some food in it. I've been told it helps with appetite and may help fight off parasites.

7. Msheresy

Msheresy Valued Member Member

How recent is that video? That fish doesn't look like its starving, has it lost noticeable weight?