If My Betta Has Problems?

Discussion in 'Freshwater Fish Disease' started by Naiomi, Apr 17, 2017.

1. Naiomi

Naiomi New Member Member

Blues is acting fine and normal. Today is fasting day for him so I am reading next to him to keep him company since he might be pretty hungry today. I find a lighter color spot on him when he flares. I wonder if it is any early sign of betta disease. In addition, I also wondering if his not very straight tail/dark freckles/little pouches is normal? He always has it since I got him about a month ago. This is my first betta so I don't really know what fin rot looks like. Attached pictures are 2 shots of his tails, one flaring pic with light spot and one not flaring pic which can't see the spot. I know I might be a little paranoid because my inexperience, Thank you! :)
    [​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. Demeter

Demeter Well Known Member Member

Totally normal, my CT has the little folds between his rays when he's not flaring. Everything looks good to me, the freckles just add character, much like in humans ;)

3. OP
    OP
    Naiomi

Naiomi New Member Member

Thank you for your reply :) i guess I need to relax a little lol thank you again!

4. trixirita

trixirita Valued Member Member

The fins look wonderful! Don't worry, I think the spots might be a touch of marbling; all bettas have it wither its noticeable to microscopic.

5. OP
    OP
    Naiomi

Naiomi New Member Member

Thank you! I just googled fish marbling and WOW I am so happy to learn about it. You have no idea that every morning I put my face against the glass tank and do the creepy stare thing at Blues and trying to find any early sign of disease. and worry when I see any tiny color difference lol thanks again! :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice