If I Weren't Afraid Of Killing My Equipment...

1. CarrieFisher

CarrieFisher Well Known Member Member

I would love to install rocker switches on the hob and heater.

I have an eheim jager that has been NOTHING but trouble since day one, so I'm constantly trying to calibrate it. It would be nice to just "shut it off" instead of digging the power strip out and unplugging.

Also, on my hob, for tank tweaks, when i feed some of the messy stuff (like seaweed), etc... for just short periods of time where itbwould be great to shut things down without messing with power strips, cords, and such

This kinda thingie...
    GC Electronics 35-1851-BU Rocker Switch On Off Single Pole Single Throw S 2 pcs | eBay

2. TwoHedWlf

TwoHedWlf Well Known Member Member

Wouldn't it be easier to just buy a power strip with switches? Screw the power strip somewhere convenient and just flip the switch.

3. OP
    OP
    CarrieFisher

Not where mine is, outlets are limited so I can't add a second one, I also don't always need to shut everything down, such as the light.

Also, this isn't something that I'm DOING, it's a feature I wish they already had.

4. TwoHedWlf

TwoHedWlf Well Known Member Member

I was meaning replace your current one. And why shut everything down? Can you not buy ones with individual switches? They're pretty cheap and common here.

5. OP
    OP
    CarrieFisher

I've literally never seen a power strip that has individual switches.
    Just one switch that throws everything

6. Nanologist

Nanologist Well Known Member Member

7. OP
    OP
    CarrieFisher

8. ounderfla69

ounderfla69 Valued Member Member

This might work for you too. DJ rack

9. Nanologist

Nanologist Well Known Member Member