If Habitat Good For Betta?

Daniel Price

Valued Member
Reaction score
Is this environment good?
I had added the diy bottle trick to prevent water current going down so it is going out on the sides. The plants are not moving from current.
Hard for me to tell if it is happy or not.
Betta
79F

Attachments

Fanatic

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
Pretty! I think that's a fine tank
I might suggest you to put Indian Almond Leaves in the water, then it'd be even more calming for the betta.

What they do is tint the water a light to dark brown color (depends on how much you put in) and helps fight off diseases if the fish has any.
Just be careful with that bottle, he might be able to snag a fin on the plastic. Plenty of my bettas have done this.

DillonPhoenix

Valued Member
Reaction score
It's looking good, but I do agree it could do with some more places for your betta to hide and explore.

I tried that bottle technique on my filter but found it didn't slow the flow enough for my betta not to get pushed around so I ended up buying some cheap filter sponge and attaching it over the water output with an elastic band and that really slowed the flow for him to swim around easily.

Daniel Price

Valued Member
Reaction score
Fanatic said:
Pretty! I think that's a fine tank
I might suggest you to put Indian Almond Leaves in the water, then it'd be even more calming for the betta.

What they do is tint the water a light to dark brown color (depends on how much you put in) and helps fight off diseases if the fish has any.
Just be careful with that bottle, he might be able to snag a fin on the plastic. Plenty of my bettas have done this.
i sanded the edges

ladyrivermouse

Valued Member
Reaction score
Very nice looking set up! Like the other guys said though it could do with some hiding and exploring terrain. Maybe some drift wood?
You can tell if your betta is happy and healthy if his color looks good and he starts making a little bubble nest.

Daniel Price

Valued Member
Reaction score
ladyrivermouse said:
Very nice looking set up! Like the other guys said though it could do with some hiding and exploring terrain. Maybe some drift wood?
You can tell if your betta is happy and healthy if his color looks good and he starts making a little bubble nest.
i think he is 8 weeks old

Dch48

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I would add some kind of a rock cave. Bettas like swimming through things or resting inside of them.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom