If Betta fry get along as babies can they get along as adults?

Discussion in 'Betta Fish' started by Ay1a, Apr 7, 2010.

1. A

Ay1a Valued Member Member

Hey everyone, tried giving Google a shot but it has left me short of a probably commonly asked question.
    If lets say 2 baby Bettas are born and raised together, can they get along as adults or will they end up wanting to fight at some point in their lives?
    (Lets just assume both Bettas are male)
    Sorry for the question, I'm just curious. :p

2. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

Probably not. From what I understand sororities have a better chance of working if they're sisters and grew up together.. Most times, as the gals mature, they will get aggressive with one another.
    Two males in the same tank won't work.

;) I wouldn't try it.

3. Furallicah

Furallicah Well Known Member Member

Males and females will most of the time. Some people have had luck keeping sibbling females together. But the males always have to be removed and sepreated or they will fight and kill each other.

*Edit, Ninja'ed by Lucy lol*

4. OP
    OP
    A

Ay1a Valued Member Member

Alrighty, thanks Lucy and Furallicah was just a question out of curiosity. lol...
    That's pretty neat how sisters can get along but a bummer how the brothers cant. Thanks for the answers. XD

5. Lucy

Lucy Moderator Moderator Member

You're welcome. :)
    Don't forget, there's never a guarantee that sisters will get along.

6. Martinismommy

Martinismommy Fishlore VIP Member

Males will NOT get along so don't even try.....Females can live together but tend to get nippy at around 4 months of age....Bettas really do best when kept alone they are solitary fish.......

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice