If anyone is interested :)

Wrench

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years

I understand the need for mechanical and ceramics but considering what I have been doing I found this little blip interesting and have some ideas now.
I'm thinking cattails

MrBryan723

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I have a tank that i set up exclusively to take advantage of plants and anoxic bacteria that has proven to be superb at maintaining water quality. The only time my nitrates are above 0 is when i do a top off. I use it as my breeding/grow out tank so the stock changes from 2 fish to over a hundred inch long fish and my hob filter stays spotless.

OP
Wrench

Wrench

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
MrBryan723 said:
I have a tank that i set up exclusively to take advantage of plants and anoxic bacteria that has proven to be superb at maintaining water quality. The only time my nitrates are above 0 is when i do a top off. I use it as my breeding/grow out tank so the stock changes from 2 fish to over a hundred inch long fish and my hob filter stays spotless.
The plants on the top are in clay media hydro crunch and the some ceramics then another stage of plants,the only thing I need is 2 pouches of purigen for the last chamber then I'll be happy.
Have loads of plants in this tank and will be excited when it finally cycles so I can get my main fish in there instead of the gold fish.
20200604_184912.jpg

MrBryan723

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Beautiful setup! I would love an outdoor tank but 100° in the shade doesn't allow for much lol.

OP
Wrench

Wrench

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
MrBryan723 said:
Beautiful setup! I would love an outdoor tank but 100° in the shade doesn't allow for much lol.
Thank you, I have full and part sun plants right there, the pothos is low light but slowly adapting.
I'm going to buy some shade screen material and nail it too my patio cover to stop debris and also provide just a touch more shade, I think with the screen the pothos will be much happier and will minimalist the algae.
They have a 5 in common pleco at my petco for 11 bucks, hes 6 in long...I feel bad for him and am gonna grab him tomorrow and put in my 55 for now

New Threads