Idk how these journals work but new 10 g clownfish tank

ButtercuptheOranda

So I’m new to saltwater and so it’s basically a 2 week old tank with .25 ammonia and 0 ppm nitrate and 0 nitrate I forgot the rest I’ll post in the morning. I stupidly have a juvenile clownfish in there with an hob filter and a coral life clip on light and a aqueous circulation pump 950 (it might be a tad bit strong) I have blue and white sand not live or anything and all I know is I have 3 pretty decent sized live rock :)

BigManAquatics

They work however you want, basically. Can use to share and help keep track of changes, or use to help notice possible trends in parameters and other tank stuff. Just all depends on what you wanna share here!

ButtercuptheOranda

They work however you want, basically. Can use to share and help keep track of changes, or use to help notice possible trends in parameters and other tank stuff. Just all depends on what you wanna share here!
Oh awesome! :D I just didn’t want to look stupid lol

ButtercuptheOranda

Got 3 tiny blue legged hermit crabs and a cleaner shrimp and the cleaner shrimp molted over Night!

ButtercuptheOranda

Ammonia is 0.25 and nitrite 0 and nitrate is 0 yikes! I thought I was further in the cycle

ButtercuptheOranda

OcellarisGal

So I’m new to saltwater and so it’s basically a 2 week old tank with .25 ammonia and 0 ppm nitrate and 0 nitrate I forgot the rest I’ll post in the morning. I stupidly have a juvenile clownfish in there with an hob filter and a coral life clip on light and a aqueous circulation pump 950 (it might be a tad bit strong) I have blue and white sand not live or anything and all I know is I have 3 pretty decent sized live rock :)
I have the same issue with my tank. I cycled it but my ammonia is at 0.25ppm, nitrates and nitrites are at 0ppm. I have no fish though

ButtercuptheOranda

The anemone died and I rehomed the clownfish

OcellarisGal

The anemone died and I rehomed the clownfish
Oh no that’s why I’m afraid to add anything in mine. How did the clownfish tolerate 0.25ppm? I did a 50-75% water change and it stayed at 0.25ppm the ammonia

Jesterrace

Oh no that’s why I’m afraid to add anything in mine. How did the clownfish tolerate 0.25ppm? I did a 50-75% water change and it stayed at 0.25ppm the ammonia

If you are using an API test kit, it can produce .25 False Positive results. I would definitely confirm the result with a different test kit (ie Red Sea, Salifert). How long has your tank been running?

ButtercuptheOranda

If you are using an API test kit, it can produce .25 False Positive results. I would definitely confirm the result with a different test kit (ie Red Sea, Salifert). How long has your tank been running?
I actually got too overwhelmed so I dismantled it and rehomed the clownfish and others

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
VibrantOrange
Replies
Views
Kate1018
Replies
Views
yoboyjuice
  • Question
Replies