Iding Guppy Color Morphs

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by cody2posh, May 23, 2018.

1. cody2posh

cody2poshValued MemberMember

Hi guys, I'm Cody and I'm an amateur guppy breeder from Texas. I have two fish I need help classifying for those of you in-the-know in the guppy world. I'm going to apologise right now for the quality, it's a bit of a blur because I took the picture at feeding time. Also my phone is of low quality, so when I sent myself the photo from my girlfriend's iPhone on which I originally took the picture, my phone compressed the file size so it's a bit blurrier still. NOTHING TOO BAD just not perfect. A higher-definition blurry pic is available on my album dedicated to this tank.

So anyway first I have an orange/purple bicolor cobraskin. This guy took a lot of hard work to get (I don't breed close relatives no matter how awesome the colors. I don't want gorgeous fish that die after months. We all gotta do our part to keep the species healthy!) and I was wondering if that was indeed the correct classification for him? If not, what would you call it? Anyone familiar with Show Guppies think this guy has a shot? I specifically went for him because I love purple and rarely see it in guppies, and once I saw it appearing on a few of the orange cobraskins I knew I found something I wanted to work for.

(I also have other males like him for sale if anyone is interested. I only have one pureline female right now and obviously she's invaluable to me )

The other guy is a green cobraskin. I got him simply by crossing a gold dominant cobra w a blue cobra. He has the yellow dominant color unless ANY light is on in which case he appears this beautiful glowing teal-cyan color. Again not sure if this is classified correctly or not, please let me know!

I have a bunch of fry from hybrids of these two as well on their way up, at about 3 wks now along with another group of hybrids I'll keep a surprise for now ;)

Thanks y'all
    - Cody
    0962fd75809bee5b8ab36ebb53cf3b7e.jpg

Last edited: May 23, 2018
  2. RainBetta

RainBettaWell Known MemberMember

They look like cobra guppies or leopard or snakeskin...?

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice