Identifying snail

Bluestreakfl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Bladder snail. I had one in mine. Get it out before they take over
I cannot agree more. Remove them ASAP as soon as you see them. They can quickly overtake a tank. Here's how many I removed from my 55g in one session and still had plenty left.

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438124003.117888.jpg

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1438124018.969262.jpg

It's taken weeks at 2 sessions a week to get them down to manageable numbers. Each session lasts at least 30 minutes, sometimes longer. Save yourself the hassle.

Edit: Also do a good visual check for eggs. They look like little jello puddles on plant leaves, with tiny specs. Very clear so sometimes you have to tilt your head for the light to hit them just right enough to spot them.

Jswin

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Fortunately I got that one out and haven't seen anymore so I guess it didn't have time to reproduce. I probably failed to remove all eggs when cleaning my plants.

Bluestreakfl

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Just keep a close eye. If you see a tiny little spec on your glass, its a baby. Remove it while you still can.

Mully60

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
OK thanks for the info. I removed 5 of them and couldn't find anymore. I'll have to look tomorrow as soon as the light comes on and then again tomorrow night.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum mobile app

Dom90

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
3 years
OK thanks for the info. I removed 5 of them and couldn't find anymore. I'll have to look tomorrow as soon as the light comes on and then again tomorrow night.

Now you know why I asked you yesterday if you were sure about wanting those snails...

Mully60

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
4 years
Haha yeah I thought of that when I saw the first one!

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom