Identifying fish Help 

splash

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
I have had my aquarium for about a year, so still a beginner. Few mistakes along the way and lost fish without knowing why. That apart, I have been given some fish which I was told were molly´s. They certainly are not but I cannot find anything like them anywhere. I thought they may be some kind of tetra. They are about the same size as harlequin rasboros, (?) pale silvery/gold body colouring, some have gold coloured dorsal fins and they also have very distinct black marking on the first two thirds of the tail fin towards the body. Some have a couple of black dots there as well. They also have a reddish colour behind the gill. Any idea what they are???? They seem happy with my zebra, black neon, threadfin rainbow, guppies and swordtail thingy.

navyscuba

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
splash said:
I have had my aquarium for about a year, so still a beginner. Few mistakes along the way and lost fish without knowing why. That apart, I have been given some fish which I was told were molly´s. They certainly are not but I cannot find anything like them anywhere. I thought they may be some kind of tetra. They are about the same size as harlequin rasboros, (?) pale silvery/gold body colouring, some have gold coloured dorsal fins and they also have very distinct black marking on the first two thirds of the tail fin towards the body. Some have a couple of black dots there as well. They also have a reddish colour behind the gill. Any idea what they are???? They seem happy with my zebra, black neon, threadfin rainbow, guppies and swordtail thingy.
Without a picture is hard to say what type of fish it is. Sorry.

Meenu

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
Welcome to Fishlore. I agree with Navyscuba, a picture would be helpful to the members.

Disc61

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Welcome to Fishlore Splash, Pictures will help us help you.

splash

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Attached photo. Hope this helps. Really appreciate it if you could identify them. Thanks in advance.

Nick G

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Hi Splash. I don't see a photo?

splash

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Identifyng fish

Sorry thought I had attached it and have now put in my gallery so hope I can do it from there. New to this forum as well.

Attachments

Nick G

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Those are Platys. Mickey Mouse Platys to be specific as the black marks near the tail look like the disney sign

splash

Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Thank you so much. You would not believe how many photos I have been through trying to find them. x

Butterfly

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Very nice Mickey Mouse platys too
Carol

Jrobber

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Welcome to Fishlore!

By the way, those are very pretty Platies. I'm thinking about getting a few myself.

bolivianbaby

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
Gorgeous Mickey Mouse platys! They're so cute! Congratulations!

Toggle Sidebar

New Threads