identify Question

Discussion in 'Cichlids' started by lollipopkiller, Jan 12, 2013.

1. lollipopkillerWell Known MemberMember

does anyone know what the name of this fish is? it was at my LFS it was a type of pike cichlid it had a mid-grey base color with flourecent bright blue-green spottes everywhere but its head. it was a stocky sort of fish it was in with some texas cichlids (same body shape). ive looked it up on the web but found no pictures alike it. please help! thanks!

2. AlanGreeneWell Known MemberMember

3. lollipopkillerWell Known MemberMember

no they had jacks there and they looked diffrent

4. AlanGreeneWell Known MemberMember

Cichlidnut to the rescue!!

5. lollipopkillerWell Known MemberMember

it looked like this but with only a few blue spots about 20 and really shiny flourecent and no black patch at all 185687-001.jpg

6. IlyasValued MemberMember

Green Terror?

7. lollipopkillerWell Known MemberMember

maybe but dont think so

8. p3t3rValued MemberMember

Does this look anything like it jack dempsey.jpg if so Alan Greene was right, it's Jack Dempsey.

9. lollipopkillerWell Known MemberMember

no... when i go to the store ill snap a pic of it

10. cichlidmanWell Known MemberMember

a cross breed possibly?

11. lollipopkillerWell Known MemberMember

very likely it didnt have a species name on the tag and the owner couldnt tell me

12. lollipopkillerWell Known MemberMember

oh i think i found a picture of one! its called an blue acara i think not sure but looks like this blueacara.jpg

13. cichlidmanWell Known MemberMember

green terrors blue acaras and jd's all look similar IMO. that looks like a green terror to me

14. IlyasValued MemberMember

This is a Blue Acara (Male). Green Terrors (Male) have a red strip on dorsal fin and tail fin. The Terror (Male) also gets a hump on its head

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice