Identify this little guy...

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by guppygrl, Dec 8, 2012.

1. guppygrl

guppygrl Valued Member Member

So I was cleaning my filter and noticed two fry. I can tell one is a guppy but have no clue what the other is. I'm guessing a dark swordtail but not sure as it's not swimming around much but scatters about. It's possible it is deformed or hurt in the ride to the filter. I have had a sponge on my intake for a few weeks so they are a few weeks old.

Here are their pics. I have a school of Cory's, Dalmatian Molly, Swordtails and guppies.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Dec 8, 2012
  2. OP
    OP
    guppygrl

Here are the swordtails... it appears to have similar coloring. Why doesn't it swim. Hmmmnm [​IMG]

3. J

JessiNoel21 Well Known Member Member

Looks to be a older guppy fry to me about a month old but could be a swordtail too.

4. OP
    OP
    guppygrl

It's very dark at the tail end... my guppies took a while to show any colours. Do swordtails show colours sooner?

5. OP
    OP
    guppygrl

Wow.. it started swimming!! I think it's been stuck in the filter since right after it was born and perhaps never had the chance to swim. I'll keep an eye on it and keep it in the net breeder til I know it's ok.

I was wondering why my swordtails never mated... guess they did a while ago and didn't tell me. :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice