Identify this freaky looking albino rainbowfish

RabidChipmunks

Reaction score
I went LFS hopping looking or two male boesmani to add to my current school, and just as I had given up, I saw a random petco and decided to take a look inside. They actually had some boesmani, but I kept looking and I found these guys.

20200517_132654.jpg

Unfortunately, my camera doesn't do their color any justice, especially in the eyes.

At the store they were labelled as New Guinea rainbowfish and the picture showed a reddish fish with regular eyes. I'm assuming these are albino Glossolepis incisis (Red Irian Rainbows), such as these: . But I can't find pictures of the albino variant to confirm.

It's also possible that they are mislabeled Glossolepis pseudoincisus (Millenium Rainbows), such as:

Does anyone know what these fish are?

NC122606

Well Known
Reaction score
Experience
1 year
RabidChipmunks said:
I went LFS hopping looking or two male boesmani to add to my current school, and just as I had given up, I saw a random petco and decided to take a look inside. They actually had some boesmani, but I kept looking and I found these guys.

20200517_132654.jpg

Unfortunately, my camera doesn't do their color any justice, especially in the eyes.

At the store they were labelled as New Guinea rainbowfish and the picture showed a reddish fish with regular eyes. I'm assuming these are albino Glossolepis incisis (Red Irian Rainbows), such as these: . But I can't find pictures of the albino variant to confirm.

It's also possible that they are mislabeled Glossolepis pseudoincisus (Millenium Rainbows), such as:

Does anyone know what these fish are?
I honestly think it is an Albino Millennium like you said. :)

New Threads