Identify This Fish, Please Question

1. guppiesandpuppies Member Member

He's one of the fish at the place where I go to therapy. Not sure what he is, but I've wanted to know for weeks now. Lol he likes to suck up gravel and spit it out in other places in the tank.

[​IMG]

Edit: I mean the big guy, not the little yellow guy. But I'd like to know what the little yellow guy is, too!

2. Littlebudda Well Known Member Member

Looks like it could be a severum cross maybe x red devil

3. MikeRad89 Well Known Member Member

Blood parrot cichlid.

4. Littlebudda Well Known Member Member

Of course didn't even think of Blood parrot

5. guppiesandpuppies Member Member

I looked those up and I think he looks most like a Blood Parrot Cichlid, but not enough to be a purebred one. I think he's probably a crossbred fish.

6. MikeRad89 Well Known Member Member

Parrots are a hybrid of redhead and midas cichlids as it is. They vary a lot in appearance, it's not crossbred with anything else.

7. guppiesandpuppies Member Member

Oh, ok.

8. KimberlyG Well Known Member Member

Interesting coloring on that one but yeah. Blood Parrot. (I do like them)

9. JesseMoreira06 Well Known Member Member

as stated above blood parrot , have one of my own , some people are against them since their hybrids but in reality nothing we could do about it but learn to appreciate them. They have huge personalities, they will dig wholes , spit out sand , rehome their tank if its light enough for them to ram into , I could hand feed mine. They are a flip of a coin when it comes to aggression tho , mine is on the aggressive side where as my father in laws is extremely docile and lives with angles. They get pretty large 8" and yes they can't bite because of their open mouths but don't let that trick you because they will ram into other fish and chase if they need to.