Identify this cichlid please

1. TheCoolFish

TheCoolFish Valued Member Member

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1407113390.847671.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1407113440.204036.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1407113476.096670.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1407113503.781318.jpg

Could it be red peacock cich

Sent from my iPhone using Fish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum

2. OP
    OP
    TheCoolFish

Help ID these cichlids.

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1407467239.291933.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1407467260.514332.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1407467283.364629.jpg

Is this some sort of peacock above?

ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1407467326.396921.jpg ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1407467375.807423.jpg

A blossom?

I am fairly new to the cichlids I can't ID these cichlids.
    Please help as I like to know the exact name of the cichlid.

Cheese is good but cichlids are cooler!

3. OP
    OP
    TheCoolFish

Sorry about the photo quality. I am having an algae bloom currently.

Cheese is good but cichlids are cooler!

4. Kubitz Hunting

Kubitz Hunting Valued Member Member

That there looks to be a Sunshine Peacock Cichlid due to the yellow color and the blue/green face.
    Hope this helps!

5. Slug

Slug Well Known Member Member

First fish resemble Pseudotropheus sp. "Acei". Which is a Mbuna not a peacock.

Second is very hard to tell. I'm having a hard time labeling that second fish as a peacock as well. Its closer than the first but it looks like a hybrid, of what I don't know. Things about it bother me ID wise, could be the photos....any more of this fish?

Any photos with flash on the fish? That could help the ID.

6. Kubitz Hunting

Kubitz Hunting Valued Member Member

Did you look up Sunshine Peacock? The second fish and it look exactly the same...

7. Slug

Slug Well Known Member Member

Not sure what pictures you are looking at.......Color is very off, pattern is blotchy, don't know if the blue on the face is iridescent, and the egg spots are out of place as a lot of the yellow peacocks don't have them or they are elongated. The top fin color is off, as male peacocks (the only ones to show color) will just have a strip of white/blue up top in the yellow peacocks. Back of the dorsal fin seems rounded.

I'm not sold on peacock yet. If this is a peacock, which it could end up being, its some sort of hybrid or a result of bad breeding lines. Pectoral fins resemble peacock, blue on the face resembles it, but I'm just not fully sold yet.

What size is this fish?

8. Greentea101

Greentea101 Valued Member Member

The outline is off also to be a Peacock.

Where did you get these fish?

9. OP
    OP
    TheCoolFish

The size is about 2-3 inches here's is a more recent photo ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1409993545.818727.jpg

10. OP
    OP
    TheCoolFish

I got it at petco