Identify This Cat, ???Synodontis Ocellifer???

Golden Fish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of Catfish this is? The closest I have got is maybe a Synodontis Ocellifer? I have looked everywhere. Baensch Atlases Vol 1-3 do not even list him.

I "acquired" him from my brother who gave me him and an albino rainbow shark in a 30gal tank. These two room mates share hiding spots. They get along great and give my tiger barbs a run for their money at times.
The Cat is completly nocturnal. I was very lucky to get these pictures (he was lured out with an algae wafer). He is not shy at all just does not like the light. He is approx 3 inches and no more than a year old.
Anyway, any help in finding out his indentity would be great.

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Is this it?

Tom

Golden Fish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Hey Tom,
That looks like a cory to me, not sure....
Heres a photo of what i came up with,

Tom

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
It sure looks like it. So until someone else tells you what they know it is, just go by that. Sorry I couldn't help that much.
Tom

Golden Fish

Valued Member
Reaction score
Yeah i dont' know. Thanks for the help. Cool Catfish site! Thanks.

Callum The Cat

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Golden Fish said:
Hello,
I was wondering if anyone could tell me what kind of Catfish this is? The closest I have got is maybe a Synodontis Ocellifer? I have looked everywhere. Baensch Atlases Vol 1-3 do not even list him.

I "acquired" him from my brother who gave me him and an albino rainbow shark in a 30gal tank. These two room mates share hiding spots. They get along great and give my tiger barbs a run for their money at times.
The Cat is completly nocturnal. I was very lucky to get these pictures (he was lured out with an algae wafer). He is not shy at all just does not like the light. He is approx 3 inches and no more than a year old.
Anyway, any help in finding out his indentity would be great.
possible not quite sure but a longnose whiptail cat just a hinch do u no how much ur brother paid if u do it migh help IDing it

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom