Identify/remove Algae Help

Discussion in 'Algae' started by DragonFishy, Apr 21, 2018.

1. DragonFishyNew MemberMember

Hi, I'm new to fishy forums though i've been keeping betta fish for several years now. I've never really had an issue with excessive algae growth before but I've noticed lots of thick algae building up mainly on the decor in the tank.
    I've looked at pics and vids of different algae and am still not really sure which it is or if multiple are present. I am not sure if it is something to be concerned about and need to remove or not.
    Here's some pictures. sorry about the quality.

I've currently only got my 1 male betta in the 20g tank. Though i'm wanting to add snails/algae eaters and moss balls soon.
    I'm not sure if it fully cycled since I had to start over after moving.
    The tank is due for a cleaning. Ammonia is at about .30ppm and Nitrate was around 5ppm.
    Lights are usually on about 4-8hrs a day.

I just want to make sure there's nothing serious I need to worry about and am just fine to do the usual water change or if I need a more thorough cleaning or treatment.
    Any assistance or advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 21, 2018
  2. DragonFishyNew MemberMember

Anyone have suggestions

3. smee82Fishlore VIPMember

Look like BBA. If all your plants are plastic i would just renove everything and do a bleach dip.

4. DragonFishyNew MemberMember

Thank you. I'll try that since I don't have any live plants.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice