Identify please

Pakkaran

HI this is my beauty. He is around 11/2 years. Can some body identify what kind of guppy he is. Oh..yeah... his tail is not rotten. My female guppy delivered him , there were 2 more like him blue body and orange tail. They have died after being in the tank around 1+ years. They grew up like this with a trident like beautiful tail and comparatively smaller body than other guppies. I have thought this might be a variety of guppy,but recently one of the petsmart expert told that there no this variety of guppy. This might be a mutation.Now since only this one left and he is a beauty I would like to know more about him. I am attaching his photo too. Isn’t he a beauty though!Thanks for any inputs

SM1199

I don't think a pure line exactly like that exists, and it doesn't sound like you got him from a pure line either. Thus, he is just a very, very beautiful mutt guppy! One that I would consider breeding from to make a line like him. Then you can name it whatever you like to make your own line.

Pakkaran

Aw.. that sounds great and fun too.Now I think I should try that!

ChrisCoates

Has the colourings of a flame guppy but the tail shape is amazing! Never seen anything like it

John58ford

I wonder if emeraldking might know what this is, or at least where to find that variation of tail. It is a very cool fish.

SM1199

Yellow leopard endlers will throw the trident tail shape occasionally, even though they usually show spades, spears, and lyre tails. I had one or two yellow leopard endlers born on one of my tanks that had the trident tail shape, but not as exaggerated as the one here!

Pakkaran

Thanks friends. Now I am so excited to breed him and see the out come. Now I am thanking to my white moon tail beta, who didn’t eat him as a fry. This betta was so sad looking and not eating anything when I got him and tried everything and got tired . ( he was in a ten gallon tank alone) Finally I had lots of new born guppy frys, tried whether he will eat them. What happened is instead of eating them he became active, started playing with them ( it looked so ) and grew up with them . And this guy grew up like this ! I will try to breed him and upload the result

emeraldking

It doesn't seem to be a specific strain. I'd say it's a very interesting mix.
Yes, you could try to breed thim. And see if the trident tail will be passed on dominant or not. It looks a bit as the swallow guppies but it's not.
And again, it's not a specific strain but you could make one out of it. And once you have a stable line, you can label a name yourself.

CrazyCatChick

Beautiful! I would totally be interested in this strain if you develop it!

Most photos, videos and links are disabled if you are not logged in.

Top Bottom