Identify a free plant?

iamgoldfish

Recently made a small order (my local shop is still closed) and they sent me a free plant, without any labels or identification. It's probably something pretty basic, I was just curious. If anyone can identify it that would be great
20200718_111845(0).jpg

angelcraze

Yep I think it's elodea densa. Not enough leaves for elgeria densa or hydrilla. That's actually the nicest of the three IMO. Great beginner plant and good oxygenating toxin eating plant.

Upvote 0

FishBoy101

I have elodea, just the bottom looks nothing like it, but who knows.

Upvote 0

Donovan Jones

The leaves are too opaque for egeria and elodea. Could op send more pics?

Upvote 0

angelcraze

Might be. All I know is leaf whirls of 3 = elodea. More and it's elgeria or hydrilla. In the wild it grows so tight with all the sunlight it looks totally different than in our tanks.

Upvote 0

iamgoldfish

Thanks for the ideas do these images help?

Attachments

• 20200718_145901.jpg
    20200718_145901.jpg
    110.2 KB · Views: 56
  • 20200718_145853.jpg
    20200718_145853.jpg
    135.1 KB · Views: 57
Upvote 0

Donovan Jones

Since the leaves appear to be white on the bott oyl m its def not anacharis. My guess would be a rotala. not sure which though. Maybe a bacopa. What seller did u buy from? You might be able to find it on their site

Upvote 0

jake37

Come on - it isn't even close to bacopa or rotala. Also the leaves aren't 'white' on the bottom.

Since the leaves appear to be white on the bott oyl m its def not anacharis. My guess would be a rotala. not sure which though. Maybe a bacopa. What seller did u buy from? You might be able to find it on their site

Upvote 0

Donovan Jones

Come on - it isn't even close to bacopa or rotala. Also the leaves aren't 'white' on the bottom.
Okay I'll admit that they were guesses as to what it actually is but I can tell u with 100 percent certainty it has way too opaque of leaves to be anything like elodea or egeria. I've had those pretty much since I started keeping fish and the leaves are never rounded at the end like these and the bottom is never lighter than the top. This plant is a stem, but it's not elodea or egeria

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Thunder_o_b
Replies
Views
SegiDream
Replies
Views
Chiasmodon
  • Neutral-Waterinos