Identification -Newbie 150 Gallon Tank

Discussion in 'More Saltwater Aquarium Topics' started by tonylow, Mar 27, 2010.

1. t

tonylow New Member Member

Hi PPLs

Just new in sw going through the waiting process.

Can anyone identify the life on these pics Maybe I'm not looking hard enough.

Attached Files:

2. OP
    OP
    t

Sorry I meant what looks like two bunches of flowers in the first pic
    The orange growth in the second pic
    The green moss like growth in the third and the white in the last pic any hints would be appreciated ( lol)

3. Stang Man

Stang Man Well Known Member Member

Looks good have some corals and a hair algea keep it up !!!let tank keep going!!! Are you using RO water?

4. OP
    OP
    t

Thanks for your comments

Initial tank fill was straight rainwater 2nd week 20% water change used straight rainwater through a water purifier which removes heavy metals and chlorine.

5. Stang Man

Stang Man Well Known Member Member

Don't use tap water. How are you collecting rain water?

6. nemo addict

nemo addict Well Known Member Member

1st pic looks like a bunch of polyps closed up
    2nd pic looks like a sponge
    3rd pic is algae (check phosphate levels)
    and the white stuff looks like coraline that has died of ,

I wouldnt use rain water in your tank even if it is filtered, as rain water contains a certain ammount of acid , and without testing you dont whats in it ,, i would use ro/di
    This has come up in a few other forums also water straight from the sea , this too has proven to be not a good idea as there is a lot of stuff dumped in the ocean and depending on the region you will have different things in there ,,

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice