Ideas on scape for my 75 gallon

Gillyfish

I’m not happy with my 75 gallon. Don’t hate it but just kinda bored with it. I had the same scape in a 55 a few years ago so I want to do something different. I want to keep a natural, low tech planted scape. I have plants to get started I guess I’m just not happy with the layout of the hard scape.

Attachments

• 9F4DE1D6-D374-40AF-842B-F687470ADC38.jpeg
    9F4DE1D6-D374-40AF-842B-F687470ADC38.jpeg
    221.8 KB · Views: 34

BigManAquatics

I would try that spiderwood in the center myself. Or get something like dragon or seiryu stone or a combo and build some sort of stack or other structure in the middle for hardscape.
Otherwise i would just add more plants. Maybe some that grow tall as well, so there are different levels to catch the eye instead of the tops of everything being roughly the same height.

carsonsgjs

I think you just need more too - more wood, more plants, some rocks maybe. Some foreground plants will also create some depth too, as all the plants at the minute seem to be lined up along the back of the tank. Off to a good start though!

Gillyfish

I have some pretty big stones I thought about trying. They’re more round like big river rock. Most of the plants will be tall they just haven’t had time to grow. I’m not really a fan of the big driftwood on the right but I felt like I needed something over there. I may try the rock pile.

A201

The scape just needs a substantial rock hardscape. Can't go wrong with rocks, they don't leach tannins, no fertilizer or special lighting required & they don't die, like most of the plants I've ever tried to keep. Lol.

BVUBeavers

I love building spiderwood scape in the center of the tank and flank on the right and left with elephant rock. Something the fish can swim through and explore. You could also try a piece of PVC for them to swim through. Your plants are fine just need a little creative hardscape to spruce it up.

Gillyfish

I moved the branch to the center. Trying the rocks I have but I’m not too sure. Now the right side seems bare and I definitely need more plants.

Attachments

• C4BE5B20-E45C-46D6-9EE9-AB258D427D94.jpeg
    C4BE5B20-E45C-46D6-9EE9-AB258D427D94.jpeg
    201.5 KB · Views: 11

PAcanis

This is nice

Untitled.png

If I had a 75g, that's what I'd be doing.

Gillyfish

At this point I feel like I don’t have the materials on hand to do anything I’d be satisfied with. The rock scape is ok but not sure I’ll keep it. Maybe darker rock and different wood. I like the manzanita branch but can’t seem to get it arranged in a way I’m pleased with.

Berryblue

I agree with everyone that adding more hardscape would help and using them to add a lot more height would get your scape to the next level. For the manzanita branch for example you could get additional pieces and having it jutting out of your rocks. Whatever you do, I would recommend that you stick with one type of rock and one type of wood. If it is challenging for you to get additional hardscape, I have found that getting a lot of epiphyte plants like java fern works wonders really quickly. I personally like trident but since your tank is low tech, I would stick with regular java fern. Don't get discouraged. This is fun and we are here for you!

Wayne73

Agree with all the above. Try to introduce more hardscape over the right side. Maybe try to incorporate some height with the hardscape. It would give a sense of more depth to the aquarium.

ruud

This is nice

Untitled.png

If I had a 75g, that's what I'd be doing.
I'll see you and raise you with:

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
Lynn78too
Replies
Views
Preston Landolt
Replies
Views
Rye3434
Replies