Ideas for planted Nano Tank

1. FreshFish08 Initiate Member

Hello Everyone!

I've been keeping fish off and on since I was young and I am looking for something new to do with my fluval spec V. Right now it only has plants and an oto. I've kept shrimp before and was thinking about doing a shrimp tank with a few small fish. CPD (celestial pearl danios) are beautiful and I had some in the past but they are impossible to find locally and I would like to stay away from shipping if at all possible. What are some other options that would enhance the beauty of the tank? I'm also looking to reaquascape the tank because right now it is more of an overgrown jungle. What plants do you recommend? (low maintenance and low light requirements, no Co2) I have the standard stock light on the tank. I haven't had any problems with the plants in there currently. It has been set up for about 2 and a half years.

Current setup:

[​IMG]

I'd love to hear all the suggestions!

2. TexasDomer Fishlore Legend Member

I think shrimp would be a great choice! You could get some of the nicer shrimp, like crystal, bee, or rili shrimp.

3. uncfan Member Member

I have Bridgett red rasboras, strawberry rasboras, and green kubtos (probably misspelled) in my nano shrimp tank. The red rasboras are brilliant red , the strawberry are red with black circles and the green kubtos are a bright neon green.

4. Timothy Goodwater Member Member

Ember tetras would look nice in there.

What kind of plants do you have in there right now? I really like the look of them!

5. FreshFish08 Initiate Member

I have a moss ball and some kind of anubia. I can't remember what the tall ones are. It has been too long! I just got them in a tube at petsmart and they took off.