Ideas for plant stocking in a 29g

Idkitsathrowaway

i dont know many plant types but im sure abought some things i realy realy want bruse plants, and giant hairgrass. i got a anubias nana im gonna cary over and one mystery plant that has flourished(doubled size in 6 months and never had a dead leaf) in a plane gravel substrate with no fertilizers. I like amazon swards and i am gonna use ezgreen and blasting sand as a substrate.im gonna use some moss(idkwhat kind) and im gonna put some small pieces of driftwood. I have not settled on a light so suggestions are also helpful
(I may try to talk my way into a 34 bow front but thatll be hard with my parents) what plants do you think best for my tank?

dojafish

There are tons of options, I would recommend that you get a bunch of different kinds of plants and see what ends up working for you. While there are many beginner-friendly plants out there, sometimes it might not work for you. Amazon Swords had been deemed beginner friendly for years but I never had luck with them no matter what I tried lol.

I've heard Java moss and Weeping moss have been pretty good for beginners. I've had Java moss before and that was definitely a bullet-proof plant for me. High light or no light, hard water or soft water, sub tropical temperatures or above 80, it was always healthy for me. Java fern was a tough plant for me as well, I bought it once and I have tons of them stretched across 12 tanks years down the line because it grew and budded new plants.

Some beginner-friendly foreground plants (short-growing plants that would look nice near the front of the tank) that I like were Staurogyne repens (aka s.repens), Marsilea Hirsuta, cryptocoryne parva, and dwarf chain swords.

There are lots of mid-background plants to choose from; various taller growing cryptocoryne sp., anubis sp., dwarf sagittaria, and stem plants like ludwigia sp., scarlet temple, and for background plants like amazon swords, wisteria and water sprite, vallisneria, or pogotstemon stellatus octopus.

These suggestions don't necessarily need co2, but may want some decent light. I haven't really been keeping up with light models so I can't really suggest anything that would likely still be in production lol. Hopefully someone rolls on by with some good suggestions on lights and other plants for you. Best of luck!

Upvote 0

Idkitsathrowaway

thankyou, and ive tryed wisteria in my betta tank. it just wont grow for me it just dies. and thankyou for the sugestions i was looking into mosses and i likes weeping and Christmas moss.

Upvote 0

Linda1234

I would recommend the following three plants:
Pogostemon Stellatus Octopus - this is an easy to grow stem plant that is low maint. As it grows taller just trim the tops and it will become more bushy. I recommend this plant along the back of your tank.
aponogeton madagascariensis - this plant has a nice lace type leaf. It is a bulb. depending on type you get it can be large or small.
aponogeton boivinianus - this is a deep green plant that can get fairly large - i would put it in the center rear of the tank.

Upvote 0

Similar Aquarium Threads

Replies
Views
sattelmauser
  • Question
Replies
Views
Idkitsathrowaway
  • Question
Replies
Views