55 Gallon Tank ideas for background?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Swifterz

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
i really want a plain black or dark blue background. i have seen a lot where it looks textured or wavy. i assume this is like a fabric or something?

something else i thought about was just like a large sheet of paper or board or whatever, but i really don't know where to get something like that large enough. i could get several small sheets of something but i'd rather it be seemless.

right now i have one from the store and it is stones and plants and what not. when i switched from bright blue to black gravel the fish' colors just popped. i want to get the whole thing darker.

just looking for pictures of what you've done and some suggestions. thanks!

Shawnie

Fishlore Legend
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
check out different wrapping papers from the dollar store they have a TON of different designs and you can change it often without spending a ton of money...I have black on mine and got it from there

OP
Swifterz

Swifterz

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
check out different wrapping papers from the dollar store they have a TON of different designs and you can change it often without spending a ton of money...I have black on mine and got it from there
thanks Shanie

can i see a picture??

OP
Swifterz

Swifterz

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
thanks! i like the cichlid tank but i would prefer for myself something a little less glossy. the chirstmas tank is funny.

angelfish220

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 years
I bought dark blue cheapo fabric and sticky velcro, stick on side of the velco on the tank and the other on the fabric. That way you can wash it if it gets waterstains!

OP
Swifterz

Swifterz

Valued Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
the back of the tank is firmly against the wall. the HOB filters are actually touching between the tank and the wall. i'd have to remove them and be working in a really tight space to apply the background, unless i want to drain the water and move it all, which i don't.

navyscuba

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I plan on painting the 90. However, it's all set up.....how about a roller instead of a can?
You can definitely do that. I scraped my 55 gal that when I got it, it was painted black on the back with a brush and I tell you didn't look bad I just want it some different.

Last edited:

Nutter

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
You can always paint a piece of MDF or plywood cut to size & just slide it into place behind the tank. You could even paint your own little underwater scene on it if your artisticly minded.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Toggle Sidebar

Top Bottom