Idea!!

Discussion in 'ATP' started by ATP, May 13, 2010.

1. ATP

ATPWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +8
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Hi,

Since I'm too lazy to install more support under my crawl space and I don't think any tank abouve 300g looks good in a home, an idea came to me.

It started when I was thinking of a deck. I have like a slab thing covering a small area when I get out of my sliding door to my back yard. While thinking of a deck, I thought of a sunroom . A sunroom where I could have a big fish tank

Its still just planning and probably wouldn't happen in about three or four years.....or alteast suppose to be, but who knows:;f

The tank will be a reef tank and the goal is to have it atleast 6 or 7 feet long, atleast 3 feet high, and probably 3-4 feet wide.

If the tank is actaully to be made, I will put everything in my two tanks in there and sell the two tanks.

Let me know what you guys think!

btw, got this idea from someone local in my area who has a 400g in a sunroom.

1st Floor of my house
    (pic is not in scale)

Attached Files:

2. Jrobber

JrobberWell Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +3
    Experience:
    Just started
    I think that sounds like a really cool idea. A sun room is already a nice relaxing room, but adding a fish tank like that could probably win some awards in home and garden magazines!

3. funkman262

funkman262Well Known MemberMember

Ratings:
    +19
    Experience:
    1 year
    That sounds awesome ATP. I just started a 10g SW tank and I can't imagine having a 500+ gallon reef tank! That would be the greatest thing ever. I hope everything works out for you and we'll be seeing photos in a few years (or sooner ).

4. OP
    OP
    ATP

Ratings:
    +8
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Thanks guys.

I think it'll be great. The reason I'm doing this is because a few months back, I wanted to get a 300g, but the floor could not support it. After thinking about it, if I was going to install support, might as well get something a little bigger . Than I saw someone with a fish tank in his sunroom and the moment I saw that, I knew I want it

5. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Ratings:
    +313
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Hello ATP! I hope you're doing well

Go for it! You'll be glad you did . The slab thing you speak of, is it a cement slab? Just curious. My screened porch that I turned into my fish room is on a cement slab (tiled) and that is where my 265g is. Love it!

The house faces a creek, the creek is only about 25 feet away from the house. Some of my neighbors couldn't believe that I was enclosing the porch and blocking the view of the creek. My response was "they'll be a lot more going on in my fish tank compared to what is going on in the woods across the creek". (which is nothing). Too, I have the screened porch upstairs with the same view. (just thought I'd throw that in there:giggle:.)
    Ken

6. OP
    OP
    ATP

Ratings:
    +8
    Experience:
    More than 10 years
    Hello.

It's not really cement. Its like gravel thing thats not loose. lol. I'm sure your neighbors wouldn't understand.

It's more of like this
    (mind the sump in the corner I was cleaning, but broke another tank in the process and had to get some stitches on my arm so now my arm is better, but I'm too lazy.)

Here's a view from my windows. It'll be block by the new fish tank, but I'm able to see it if I'm in the sunroom. (my neighborhood is surrounded by a forest reserve)

just thought I'd put this in there as well. A few tanks and a sump near my sheds. lol. Have over 500 worth of reef equipment (skimmers, lighting, etc) in one of those sheds. :eek: