(idea) Betta Vase

Discus-Tang

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
So this idea's been in my head for ages. It's basically one of those betta vases, only it's suitable for bettas!

It is a 5.5 gallon shallow cylindrical vase, with non- airtight panels around the top, which you can open if you need to do something with the tank. It has a tube at the top of the cylinder for the flowers.

Inside it has a mix of tan and brown gravel, with some indian almond leaves. There is a tan coloured sponge filter on the bottom, with an under gravel outflow. Some small decorations like driftwood would be around the tank, and one would be used to conceal a heater.

I hope you all liked this idea!

Discus-Tang

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Thank you so much I've decided to make more ideas like this, just for fun. I might make them when I move out. I'll be sure to post photos if I'm still around!

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
I like it too. Love bettas! I’m imagining this vase. All that neutral. What color Betta? I love the blue/greens. But I keep seeing a dashing flashing burning bright red in my mind. Stupid mind!

Discus-Tang

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years

Discus-Tang

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Gypsy13 said:
Oh I know what you’re talking about! Can’t see anymore but I do remember! Great idea!
How come you can't see it?

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Discus-Tang said:
How come you can't see it?
I be blind. Luckily not my whole life. Otherwise I wouldn’t know the dazzling beauty of the Betta now in my fantasy vase in my mind! Thank you. He’s perfect!

If I did that right I’m now following you.
Siri has issues with emojis.

Discus-Tang

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
I'm sorry to hear that! I couldn't cope never seeing my babies again :'( you are very strong.

Yes, you are following me and I have returned the favour.

Gypsy13

Fishlore VIP
Reaction score
Experience
More than 10 years
Discus-Tang said:
I'm sorry to hear that! I couldn't cope never seeing my babies again :'( you are very strong.

Yes, you are following me and I have returned the favour.
It’s ok. For some reason I’ve been practicing my whole life for being blind. Didn’t know why, just did.
The hardest part is having to rely on others to tell me at least twice a day (more if I can get them) what each one is doing, how they look, behave. You’d think by now at least one of my peeps would KNOW what I need them to see. Finding other fish people is not easy around here!
But keep posting pics! I make them describe the beautiful fishes to me. Lol.
And do keep up the fantasy tanks. Descriptions are my lifeline!

Discus-Tang

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Gypsy13 said:
It’s ok. For some reason I’ve been practicing my whole life for being blind. Didn’t know why, just did.
The hardest part is having to rely on others to tell me at least twice a day (more if I can get them) what each one is doing, how they look, behave. You’d think by now at least one of my peeps would KNOW what I need them to see. Finding other fish people is not easy around here!
But keep posting pics! I make them describe the beautiful fishes to me. Lol.
And do keep up the fantasy tanks. Descriptions are my lifeline!
I will be doing more like this you may want to look at my Australian Tide pool biotope idea as well.

Fancyfins

Valued Member
Reaction score
I would sooooooo buy a ‘vase’ like that! It sounds wonderful! Where did you get it from? Or did you make it? Sorry about all the questions, I just LOVE the idea!

Discus-Tang

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
2 years
Fancyfins said:
I would sooooooo buy a ‘vase’ like that! It sounds wonderful! Where did you get it from? Or did you make it? Sorry about all the questions, I just LOVE the idea!
Just an idea. You'd probably have to build it yourself.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom