ID this please!

1. Jren

Jren Valued Member Member

omg this fish looks really cool and eye catching hahaha.. could someone ID this fella? [​IMG] thanks for all the trouble guys!

2. FreshAquariums

FreshAquariums Valued Member Member

type of cichlid, mbuna mixed cichlids?

3. chromedome52

chromedome52 Fishlore VIP Member

Hybrid Yellow Labs. Usually this color with no black in the fins comes from crossing Labs with Red Zebras. It is a very common hybrid, and some people mistake them for a pure fish.

4. FreshAquariums

5. OP
    OP
    Jren

are they aggressive??? should they be housed on their own or can they be part of a community tank?

6. FreshAquariums

cichlids are aggressive if you have them with other species of fish, so cichlids only

7. OP
    OP
    Jren

, their colour is really cool.. wanted to add them into my stocking list for a community tank haiz :(

8. FreshAquariums

if you get another tank you can put them in there and put them next your current tank :eek: or just change your stock

9. OP
    OP
    Jren

its my first tank haha! well, do you have any suggestions for any community fish that have bright colours like this beautiful fish?

10. FreshAquariums

Neon tetras are pretty small fish but are brightly colored, there a group fish though so 3+

how bigs the tank again?

11. OP
    OP
    Jren

cardinal tetras are in the stocking list already xD the tank is arnd 20 gallons!

12. FreshAquariums

13. OP
    OP
    Jren

haha thanks man! im thinking of keeping Gouramis, cardinal tetras and corydoras. do you think discus would be easy to keep?

14. FreshAquariums

discus aren't a beginner fish I would think, there like intermediate

15. chromedome52

chromedome52 Fishlore VIP Member

Discus require considerable expertise to maintain, certainly not for beginners. I've been studying/breeding fish nearly 50 years, and they still gave me headaches when I've tried them.

16. OP
    OP
    Jren

haha.. i guess ill stick with my current stocklist i guess!

17. FreshAquariums

Good idea