ID this please!

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by Jren, Jul 4, 2016.

1. JrenValued MemberMember

omg this fish looks really cool and eye catching hahaha.. could someone ID this fella? image thanks for all the trouble guys!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 23, 2018
  2. FreshAquariumsValued MemberMember

type of cichlid, mbuna mixed cichlids?

3. chromedome52Fishlore VIPMember

Hybrid Yellow Labs. Usually this color with no black in the fins comes from crossing Labs with Red Zebras. It is a very common hybrid, and some people mistake them for a pure fish.

4. FreshAquariumsValued MemberMember

5. JrenValued MemberMember

are they aggressive??? should they be housed on their own or can they be part of a community tank?

6. FreshAquariumsValued MemberMember

cichlids are aggressive if you have them with other species of fish, so cichlids only

7. JrenValued MemberMember

, their colour is really cool.. wanted to add them into my stocking list for a community tank haiz :(

8. FreshAquariumsValued MemberMember

if you get another tank you can put them in there and put them next your current tank :eek: or just change your stock

9. JrenValued MemberMember

its my first tank haha! well, do you have any suggestions for any community fish that have bright colours like this beautiful fish?

10. FreshAquariumsValued MemberMember

Neon tetras are pretty small fish but are brightly colored, there a group fish though so 3+

how bigs the tank again?

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2016
  11. JrenValued MemberMember

cardinal tetras are in the stocking list already xD the tank is arnd 20 gallons!

12. FreshAquariumsValued MemberMember

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 4, 2016
  13. JrenValued MemberMember

haha thanks man! im thinking of keeping Gouramis, cardinal tetras and corydoras. do you think discus would be easy to keep?

14. FreshAquariumsValued MemberMember

discus aren't a beginner fish I would think, there like intermediate

15. chromedome52Fishlore VIPMember

Discus require considerable expertise to maintain, certainly not for beginners. I've been studying/breeding fish nearly 50 years, and they still gave me headaches when I've tried them.

16. JrenValued MemberMember

haha.. i guess ill stick with my current stocklist i guess!

17. FreshAquariumsValued MemberMember

Good idea

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice