Id This Fish Please

Compatability

Valued Member
Reaction score
Can someone please tell me what kind of fish this is? It eats everything, it has helped with my pest snails which is great, but it eats the pellets I put in for my shrimp plus it's own tropical fish food,it has not bothered any other fish. I have a 10 gallon tank, water temp 79 degrees. My husband brought it home but forgot what it Was! Thank you, hope someone knows what it is ❣ It is all white, no other markings.

Attachments

Compatability

Valued Member
Reaction score
Protim Sarkar said:
Very nice. It's a Sailfin Female Molly.
Will this fish eat pest snails? It seems to be more of a bottom feeder, it tries to eat the shrimp pellets and I've seen it eat a pest snail, I've been trying to get rid of the pest snails I had broke down my tank bought all new things, gravel I did wash out the filter but then about a week later got a new one so I guess I have some stragglers. I haven't seen one in a couple of weeks. My husband brought home clown loaches again 3 of them for a 10 gallon tank and actually they are doing well but I want and need to get them back to the pet store! Men they don't listen!!

Florian Pellet

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
Just started
Compatability said:
Will this fish eat pest snails? It seems to be more of a bottom feeder, it tries to eat the shrimp pellets and I've seen it eat a pest snail, I've been trying to get rid of the pest snails I had broke down my tank bought all new things, gravel I did wash out the filter but then about a week later got a new one so I guess I have some stragglers. I haven't seen one in a couple of weeks. My husband brought home clown loaches again 3 of them for a 10 gallon tank and actually they are doing well but I want and need to get them back to the pet store! Men they don't listen!!
AFAIK, it's supposed to be a surface feeder even though it'll explore all around. And no snails on its diet.

Protim Sarkar

Well Known Member
Reaction score
Experience
5 to 10 years
Compatability said:
Yeah, I haven't seen them to eat pests snails.

Compatability

Valued Member
Reaction score
Florian Pellet said:
AFAIK, it's supposed to be a surface feeder even though it'll explore all around. And no snails on its diet.
Well to report on this fish and the clown loaches, all went back to my LFS they even gave us a $10gift card because we always use this store. I broke down my tank again all new stuff, decorations filter stones anything else I could get rid of. I have 2 new baby shrimp one black and white and one a beautiful red. My tank is clear finally since I cleaned it out down to nothing!!! NO PEST SNAILS FINALLY! ! ❤ All fish and shrimp are happy and healthy, and seem to love there tank now without the aggressive fish, even the shrimp are now walking around the tank.

Toggle Sidebar

Aquarium Calculator

Follow FishLore!

Top Bottom