ID this fish (2)

Discussion in 'Fish, Snail, Worm And Pest ID Help' started by FishesInTank, Jul 10, 2015.

1. FishesInTank

FishesInTankValued MemberMember

Hi guys! My second of my fish id question. I just want to know that I have this fishes that has black scales and body and have red anal fin, dorsal fin and tail, they stay in air and don't move alot, they love to swim and eat with my pacus (disturb my alligator gars). it is 3 1/2 inches. I dont have the pics cause i am in vacation.

Last edited: Jul 10, 2015
  2. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

Hello,

It sounds like a Red Tail Shark but without a photo, I cannot say for certain.

Ken

3. OP
    OP
    FishesInTank

My fish species has scales all over body, and the colour of the red faded a bit(from original) it moves like robot and the tail is smaller.

The Owner of Good Fishes and Killing Fishes group

4. hampalong

hampalongWell Known MemberMember

Not with red dorsal and anal... :)

5. Aquarist

AquaristFishlore LegendMember

6. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

Yeah, sounds like a rainbow shark.

7. OP
    OP
    FishesInTank

Anders247 can you now id this fish sorry if its bad picture ImageUploadedByFish Lore Aquarium Fish Forum1436701573.401607.jpg

Last edited: Jul 12, 2015
  8. Anders247

Anders247Fishlore LegendMember

If they have pink tails, they look like Chalceus macrolepidotus.
    But maybe it's something else. hampalong.

9. hampalong

hampalongWell Known MemberMember

They look more like C. erythrurus to me, the yellow finned Chalceus. Beautiful fish, adults have red tail, orange dorsal and anal, yellow ventral fins. Grow to about 10".

:)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice